Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lots of love

I hope you all had a wonderful V-day...Jaden just wanted to wish you one too:) These are the cards that he gave to his friends.

Before Valentines Day Chris & I talked & decided to do very small gifts. We wanted to keep it simple but also fun. Chris mom is coming this week so we decided to save our alone time when she's in town & plus we didn't want to face all the crowds on V-Day.

Our day of small gifts was no longer....or not spending a lot of money that is. Chris went fishing in the morning and right before he left I noticed that Washer was leaking. This has happened before & a simple twist the tube tighter fixed the problem...our washer is less then 4 years old. After analyzing we did a quick fix & Chris was on his way. As I continued to do laundry I noticed the problem getting worse & then a horrible noise. Our washer has been through a # of moves this year, in storage, out of storage, down a flight of stairs, up a fligh of stairs, & then into our home...finally!!!! I know washer repairs are costly & didn't think our cheap washer was worth it so I began calling all the appliance stores in town; most of which take 5-7 days to get the washer in. This wasn't acceptable since I wasn't about to take two kids to a laundry mat. I continued my phone calls & called Chris letting him know it wasn't good...he was heading home bringing a basketball hoop from my parents (not rubbing it in at all that we're my parents favorite:)). Chris & I had also decided this week that we were going to buy a swing set for the boys. We really analyzed wood vs. metal...obviously we are a fan of the wood but the metal is much cheaper. After thinking about it all week (sale ended yesterday so we had to decide quick) we settled on the metal as we are trying to meet some financial goals. So after many phone calls we found one in stock at Home Depot & Chris headed out to pick it up. When Chris got home we again debated the swing set wondering if two big purchases in one day was wise. We gave in out of love for our two boys.

Our day was getting crazy fast & we had invited a bunch of people over for the evening. I've been sick all week & was feeling tired quick & was kind of grateful when some of our friends had to cancel being sick themselves. So we had one set of friends with two kids come. We made heart shaped pizzas & had yummy treats. Jaden thought it was great & we did it early enough to get the kids in bed on time. I was pooped & not very fun for my honey...sorry!!! I went to bed & Jeff & Melanie came & hung out with Chris. I'll make up for it this week!!!

This week is also a little crazy since Chris's mom is coming to stay with us & my brother & sister & their families are coming too!!! Good thing I love family!!! And I just got invited to be in a BUNKO group...I'm totally excited since it's been a while. That is this week too.

4 comments:

Ande said...

Your washer was only 4 yrs old? Wow, ours has moved from MS to CA and again in CA and is 7 yrs old. Knock on wood. Hope that you found a good one. Tom and I had a simple Valentines Day too. I made him a cheesy poster with a card. Nothing extravagant, but he knew I was thinking about him. :)

Holly said...

Wow, that made me feel all like I needed to run and do stuff! You are so busy I couldn't help but feel the stress through your blog but I don't have to do much to feel stressed anymore! ; )
I can't believe you guys are getting a swing already but hey if you shop early you can save! Good work!
Hope you get your much needed V-day alone time this week!

Brittney said...

Heart-shaped pizzas are a tradition in our home on Valentine's as well. Sorry about the washer. That stinks. I'm surprised it takes them so long to get out to fix it. They were at my home the next day when our dryer quit working. Doesn't it seem like big money things hit when you are trying the hardest to be smart with money. :(

What brother is coming to stay with you? Cory?

Lorie said...

Sounds like your week was similar to ours! Glad you got a new washer. It's a MUST HAVE with kids at home. You are such a good writer. Hope your next week is a little less crazy.