Thursday, February 5, 2009

An email marking a year!!!

Today my dad sent this email to all of his children. He sends us daily emails, some are funny & some are more serious.

It was a year ago this weekend that the boys were suffering without Chris At the crown Burger in Salt Lake before the jazz game As we were walking Chanse received a text announcing the arrival of a handsome healthy boy. And the good news that Kim was well. Happy birthday Landon. We love you and I am sure none of he boys remember he onion rings and trimmings or who won the game. Or who paid!! Love DAD

I've been thinking about Landon's Birthday & how to celebrate. Landon's official Birthday is monday but we'll be celebrating Saturday & Sunday. I want Landon to have a day all about him doing things that he'll enjoy. My dads email took me back to his actual Birthday. The early morning at the hospital & the slow progression of labor. The struggle to find a heart beat so they attached the wire to Landon's head, the drop in heart beat every time I had a contraction (happened with Jaden too), the throwing up (my body apparently likes to react this way to labor), the many interns in the room (under usual circumstances this would probably bother me but for some reason in the moment I'm not as self conscience), the nurse almost delivering Landon because the doctor thought he had more time, my mom waiting in the hall with Jaden, mom running in when I started pushing & my brother Jeff showing up to keep Jaden in the hall, Chris sending minute by minute text messages, a very happy mom when Landon finally arrived & was perfect. Has a year really gone by...I'm not ready for my baby to be a toddler.

When I arrived to the hospital that morning a mom ran in right after me declaring to the front desk that she was going to have the baby any second. I thought she looked very young & assumed this was her first. I reached out to reassure her that it'd be ok as she kept screaming at the lady at the desk. After a minute she informed me that this was her fifth birth & that this baby was coming. In alarm I ran & grabbed her a wheelchair. I think this rattled the front desk lady as many ran to her aid. About 5 minutes later she delivered a baby boy. It was definately a day of many memories.

6 comments:

Maegan said...

Isn't it fun reminiscing? Hope Landon has a happy birthday and gets to eat and do anything he wants! Sounds like a good birthday to me!

Holly said...

I love your story! I feel the same way about Carson! Wow, one! I love those first few moments, and now that is has been over a year I think hmmm...maybe I can do that all over again...maybe not I just remembered morning sickness! Looks like I had better wait some more!

Brandi said...

I always get emotional when I read or hear about the birth of a baby! What a story you have to tell. It is amazing how time flies, and how easy it leaves us. Addi is almost 19 months, and I can't even begin to think that she will be 2 before I know it!!! Good Luck with the birthday plans I am sure it will be one to remember!

Brittney said...

What a sweet picture. I thought it was cute when we got that email from dad. Obviously it was a very memorable day for him as well. I cannot believe that he will be a year already. I have seen him twice in that year. It makes me so sad to miss out on all of these occasions with the family. Can't wait to see you all next month (it's crazy to say that it's next month already). YEAH! Happy Birthday sweet Landon

Brittney said...

p.s. If by chance you don't check Charayne's blog, you won her "Pay it forward" contest so now you have to do a contest. Since I'm informing you about your win, I fully expect to win yours now. :)

Anthony Simister said...

yes, my email is pintsize45@hotmail.com