Thursday, March 1, 2012

What should have been.....

This is what should have been....
but it couldn't have been further from the truth.

On Monday I got a phone call from someone I haven't talked to in about 3 years.  She thought to call me because she'd seen me at a Rally for Risch that Romney attended 3 years ago.  She knew I'd love to know that Mitt Romney was coming to town.

I was one of the firsts to know.  I was excited to spread my new found information but quickly everyone began telling me I was wrong and that it was his son.  So....getting a little worried I had spread a rumor I called back the number she'd called me from and her husband answered and informed me that she wasn't available.  I then dived into the reason I was calling and that I may have spread a rumor.  He answered "well you will be the first to know that I just got off the phone with the secret service and we've confirmed the arrival for Thursday at 12:30pm."

Excitement!  I knew I wanted to take the girls. I thought I'd dress them up and of course I'd be pulled aside for a photo op with him holding them...how could they resist?

So now to reality!  Only yesterday was the information publicized in the paper.  I really thought that no one knew and I thought 30 minutes early would be PLENTY of time.  It couldn't have been further from the truth.

They held the rally in a high school gym.  Jenna and I and babies parked about 6 blocks away and quickly began running and pushing strollers and half way there a girl was running back with a baby in her arms and a purse yelling to everyone "no purses".  So I began attempt to push two strollers while Jenna ran back purses and diaper bags.  The nicest couple then began assisting me with the journey of three babies to the end of a BIG line. 

By big....it was endless but we held out hope.  And even when they told us the gym was full and they were opening up the other gym we had hope.  And then our hope died out when the 2nd gym became full.  This is a picture of the line after both gyms were full!
so we pulled the car up close and listened over the speakers.  Harper and Eli were just chillin in their carseats...


But Alisha was done.  She got to sit on my lap while we listened over the speakers. 


As we saw it end we were quickly able to escape before the masses came out.

And home we came and took a picture of three tired little girls.  Alisha by this point had lost her special "R" headband. 

No comments: