Saturday, March 24, 2012

Green Day

It seems like one holiday is over and the other one is the next day.  Thus...I've struggled to do much for each one.

We've always done a green party with Jaden's friends.  See here, here, and here to see our celebrations of the past!!!  This year we talked about it and talked about it but I just couldn't bring myself to put the party together.  Jaden's friend list kept changing and getting longer and I realized I was overwhelmed.

So we literally flew by the seat of our pants that day.  We woke up to green  muffins and kiwi (an easy tradition I'll keep).  Later on we headed to Old Navy for a leprechaun search.  While the kids were in our car at home I ran into the backyard and scattered chocolate gold coins all over for later and let them invite Gracie and Easton over.  My plan was to tell them that I heard something in the backyard and that when I went to check I scared a leprechaun and he dropped all his gold.  When Gracie and Easton arrived I was busying chit chatting and didn't notice all the kids head into the backyard.  A few minutes later the all came in holding hand fulls of gold coins...they were so excited!  Trying to come up with an explanation I informed them I had heard a leprechaun back there and had forgotten about it but that they must have scared it when the went in the backyard.  They continued the theme through out the rest of day trying to create traps to trap a leprechaun. 

The kids were happy, despite not having a green party, and it wasn't too crazy of a day. 


No comments: