Monday, March 5, 2012

10 months

I can't believe how fast time goes and it scares me that I won't have babies in only a short amount of time.

I think my expectations of twins and how it works has flipped on it's head these past few months.  When they were smaller it really wasn't nearly as much work as I thought it'd be. 

For the first 4 months the girls slept a lot and were so sweet.  After that they didn't sleep much (still don't, 1 nap a day) but they were pretty content.  They also were so soothing and sweet to each other and I really think that one reason they were so content was because they had each other.

Fast forward to now.  They keep passing little colds, eye infections, and small fevers back and forth to each other.  Not enough that there ever SUPER sick but enough that there almost always a little cranky and wake up a lot at night with stuffy noses. 

On top of that they now notice when I'm holding the other one and jealousy is starting to form.  They also have turned each other into bolder to climb over so they are always on top of each other and the one on the bottom usually isnt' very happy.  In the exploring they poke eyes, pull hair, bite, and inflict pain on one another. 

This all switches when we are in public.  They love attention.  They beam, coo, smile, and I always here "they are the best babies."  Even the daycare at the gym states it every time and when they are cranky (happens maybe once a month) they think there is something seriously wrong with them.  I just smile and agree but inside am screaming "these little girls are scammers."  I thought when they were born we wouldn't be able to go out for the first year BUT I have no choice.  Not only do we have a very busy little family but the girls are cranky if we don't.  I'm so grateful our winter has been mild because it could be so much harder to take them out.

So yes....I'm oddly more scatterbrained now then I was at the beginning and I thought'd it'd be the other way around:)

Despite all this we love these little girls.  Landon has really turned into a big helper and he loves to play with them.  I often notice the girls around Landon and assumed they'd congregrate to him until the other night I was getting them ready for bed and I saw Landon drag one away (by here feet) and shut the door so I couldn't get her.  He did not want me to put them to bed and wanted them to stay up to play with him.  I'm so grateful that Landon has embraced these little girls with love from day one.  I thought for sure he'd resent them and be angry but I've never once sensed any of that from him. 

Alisha is getting hyper which is funny since she's always been more mellow and content.  She loves me to hug her.  She loves to stand and is strong but not daring and I think were a ways off before she attempts to walk.

Eli on the other hand wants to walk and is so wobbly that I don't think that skill will come for a while.  She also is pulling up on things and has no fear. I keep finding her in the "plank" position and can never get my camera quick enough.  It's so funny that she can lift her body up like that but struggles to hold her own weight on her legs to stand.  I'm often confused by what they can and can't do.  Both of their grasping skills are getting really good.

I hear them say "ma" a lot and I'm pretty sure they are referring to me.  I hear them say "ba" and other things.

They love bathtime too and I used to love it too when they'd lay on their backs.  Now they are all over each other or insist on sitting up, which scares me because I'm worried they'll hit their head if they slip. 

So in a nutshell....our life is a little busy right now!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

They are so darn cute! I have always wanted twins... always! But, now I think I know why I didn't ever get blessed with them. I think you are doing an amazing job. The girls are just beautiful. Hope you are doing great.