Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sweet Landon

For a week I've had to keep reminding myself that I needed to get this down before I forgot.

Landon can be a sweetie and when he lets his guard down just a little bit (no matter how well he knows you he's always a little shy) most adults are in love with him.  Disclaimer...at home Landon is completely comfortable and acts like a typical 4 year old, mostly to his brother Jaden. 

When he went into Sunbeams his teacher was a little worried she admitted to us a month later.  She knew Jaden and knew that he could be a handful and there were a lot of little sunbeams so she thought'd she'd need more help.  She was completely surprised when she got to know Landon and said he's the best little one in the class and is just now getting around to feeling comfortable talking in class.  You can tell she just loves him.

Landon goes to preschool 4 days a week and for the most part loves going.  Last week was parent teacher conference so I got to meet with his teacher to see how he was doing.  So far....she likes what he's doing and said he's gotten comfortable with everyone.  He doesn't like using the bathroom (the automatic flush scares him) so they cover it with a piece of paper.  Next year we'll really have a good idea if he'll be ready for kindergarten since that is one of my biggest worries.  But again, you can tell she absolutely adores him and I don't think she wanted to say anything bad or less then positive about him.

But that wasn't what touched my heart.  She shared some of the things that he does in class.  Landon has a little blind girl in his class named Ariana.  Ariana needs help to get around the classroom, go down the hall for different activities, ect.  She told me that at least every other day Landon comes and ask her if he can help Ariana.  I can only imagine how much courage this takes for my little shy guy.  She said its so cute to watch him because he's so embarrassed that he looks to the side and often runs the two of them into a table.  I know that Landon has an amazing heart and there's a reason he has these struggles.

I love this little guy and this picture is an accurate depiction of my efforts to take pictures of him...he's too shy!!!!

No comments: