Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jadens Shadow

I feel bad for poor Jaden because he has a shadow.  Unfortunately for him, it's me. 

Jaden's friends have a lot more independence then he does and can kind of come and go as they please.  I'm not ready to give Jaden that much freedom so our whole little family often tags along.

Today Jaden hopped in the car after school and told me he needed to meet his friends Austin at the School playground at 3:30pm.  It was a beautiful day and I thought it'd be fun for everyone to go to the playground but it was right in the middle of the girls nap.  It being early out day I figured if I could get the girls to sleep early they could get a really good nap in.  After an hour they FINALLY fell asleep. 

I told Jaden I was so sorry but we weren't going to be able to go at 3:30 but maybe 4 or 4:30pm.  He must have jinxed the girls because they woke up at 3:15pm and wouldn't go back to sleep.  So we rushed to get everything together to go.

Jaden rode his bike and we followed him in the car.  As he rode he picked up friends a long the way and at one point 4 kids were following him.  By the time we got to the school he was down to 1 friend. 

Since it was so nice I decided that I'd let the girls go in their walkers.  They had so much fun...they really have never been outside unless it was to go in and out of somewhere so they were grinning from ear-to-ear. 

Then I learned something new about Jaden...he's started taking an interest in dance.  His buddy Shawn is an awesome break-dancer and has some awesome moves but Jaden is a little rough around the edges.  As they did their routines for me I had to supress some giggles. They had me shoot video (I'll upload later, my internet is being slow) of their routines. Poor Jaden! It was very entertaining.

After they were done a few more friends showed up. Jaden was so excited when he saw that his friend Jon had the same bike that he did. Then eventually they all wanted to go to Jon's house and I wouldn't let him go....the moms have to call me. I felt so bad as we followed him home in the car while he was on his bike. I'm probably the most uncool mom ever!

Here's the videos!

No comments: