Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas Grandma Murphy

Grandma Murphy couldn't be here with us for Christmas and I know she would have loved to.

So we broke a couple of rules today. About a week ago grandma sent some money for us to find toys for the kids for Christmas from her.  I turned to my favorite store Amazon and a few days later their gifts arrived.

Since Christmas eve and Christmas day can be a little crazy we wanted to make sure the boys had a separate time to open the presents from her so they didn't get lost in all the shuffle.

We sat them down today and asked them if they wanted to open them up today.  We were a little surprised when Jaden informed us that we were breaking the rules and that they can't open them until Christmas.  We told him that since they were from Grandma Murphy he could but we weren't going to make him...it was his choice.

He finally decided it was OK BUT we couldn't tell grandma that they opened them and we couldn't tell her thank you for them until Christmas so she wouldn't know.  HONEST????  I'm not quite sure but once he came up with this plan he was excited to open them.

We didn't have the girls open their since they aren't getting much for Christmas anyways:)

So here's my side-ways videos from my phone....I didn't realize I needed to turn my phone a certain direction.  Both boys are a little camera shy but they've been playing with their presents for over an hour. 

Here's Landon opening his play dough potato head.  At speech Mr potato head has been a favorite and it's been a great learning tool for him to learn the body parts and their functions...nose is for smelling, ect.  As I played this with Landon I realized this one also allows us to review his colors as I ask him what color he wants to make the hair, nose, ect. 
Jaden got a Cars 2, 3d art thingy.  We've had to look up a couple of numbers off the cars 2 characters so he could make sure he puts the right number with the character.
Then they got a present to share...a game.  They love playing games together and this one is simple enough for both of them to enjoy together. 
As I uploaded these videos Jaden came proudly to show me his potato head, all the body parts are play dough...apparently the gifts are interchangeable.


Merry Christmas Grandma Murphy and we hope you have a wonderful day!  The boys will call you on Christmas and pretend they had just opened your presents:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you Thank-you Thank you
You made my Christmas !
Maggi