Friday, December 16, 2011

The gift of Giving!

This year as I look at all our wonderful blessings I realize how much we have and how it's a gift that we can share either by our time or our resources....we all can in some way.

I want my children to recognize our blessings too and it's exciting that they are getting old enough to have more of an understanding of these things. 

At our gym they had a huge giving tree and I wanted to bring the boys back to pick one off the tree something that we could get it for another child.  Finally on Monday I called to make sure they were still doing it before I took the boys over to pick one and unfornately it was the final day and everything was chosen.

Quickly coming up with plan B I called the local shelter to see if they had some toys that they had on the wish list of some of their residents and she did.  She told me over the phone that they had a little boy that really wanted a truck that pulls a horse trailer and some horses...so we set off to cal ranch. 

The boys had fun finding a toy that met the description and it helped them understand that not everyone can afford to go and buy what they want.  They enjoyed this exerience.

Today Landon and I took it over to the shelter and Landon was so proud to hand over this special toy.

I hope we can all give this holiday season in some capacity!

No comments: