Friday, June 10, 2011

Last Day of School

Jaden finished his kindergarten year last friday. I'm so grateful he had such a great year with good friends & parent support. This last month I've been MIA at his school so I've been a little sad that I haven't captured the end of his year that well.

Jaden LOVED science & math this year.

Jaden DID NOT LOVE handwriting & coloring....it showed.

I'm so proud that Jaden got almost all 3's (highest you can get). At mid-terms I noticed he had raised his 2 in art to a 3 and I asked his teacher why she was so generous. Jaden dislikes it that much that he scribbles. His teacher told me that he was working really hard on it & that he got a 3 for his efforts...what a nice teacher.

On his last report card he had 3's on everything except his name. Sad yes...he's written his name forever but REFUSED to write is name with a lower case a. He is a stubborn boy. He also scored a 3 on the state test.

I can't believe how much he's grown from his first day of school to now. When he applies himself he is a sponge and so incredibly smart.

I'm proud of you buddy and love you so much! Keep working hard and you can do anything in life that you want to.


Funny story about his class photo. On picture day he did NOT want to wear his church pants. After battling with him for a couple of minutes I told him he didn't have to wear them because he'd be on the back row. He came home and said "mom, you were right." I laughed when I noticed he was the only boy on the back row. Girls are so tall at this age. At the beginning of the year a couple of the moms asked me if I held him back because he was so tall. I told them that he was actually one of the youngest in his class....I'm crossing my fingers that it gives him some sports advantages:)

2 comments:

Jenna Johnson said...

I was the back row girl too!

Chris said...

What a goofy kid. I miss him. I can't wait get home. Kimri you are a trooper for dealing with the four kids by your self for these two weeks