Tuesday, June 28, 2011

6 years ago today.....

I was in the hospital and had just delivered a beautiful, 8 lbs 9 oz, 22 inches long baby boy. I told Chris I wanted to re-live that moment over and over because it was so amazing (I have since said this about all my childrens births and am so sad that they are all over).



Jaden made me a mother so we of course had lots of celebrating....I'm very tired and am kind of glad we are all done with the celebrating!


On Sunday we celebrated with a family party at my parents. Some of Jaden's best friends are his cousins and they had a lot of fun playing crochet, jumping on the tramp, running around, and playing in the ditch in a boat they made out of a sand box top...kids are so funny! We also gave him his presents from us and he got golf clubs that match Chris's (in the Jr. size) so that the two of them can go golfing together. They are going on Saturday and Jaden is EXCITED!


About a week ago Jaden told me that he wanted a special breakfast for his birthday. I started inquiring what would he would consider special. He mentioned pop tarts (we never eat these kinds of foods for breakfast) and I was relieved because Landon has speech on Tuesday at 8:30am and it takes about every minute of my time getting everyone ready and there on time. I thought I would also add chocolate milk and a gogurt. When Jaden woke up and saw his breakfast he said "mom, there isn't one healthy thing for breakfast. Next year you need to make me waffles (I make whole-wheat) with whipped cream and a candle on top and a piece of celery on the side." I love his desire be healthy. He ate his breakfast anyways and I was relieved I didn't have to find something else since I didn't have time.

He also woke up asking me if I could tell that he was now taller.


During Landon's speech Jaden and I almost always go on a walk for the 45 minutes. We did this today and we both love to do it. The girls are in the stroller sleeping and Jaden and I spend the whole time walking and talking. We always go into Mountain View hospital for him to get a drink half way through and I'm really starting to enjoy this special time together. He always sets the pace & where we should walk too. I'm glad we got to do this on his birthday.

Later in the day Jaden celebrated with his friends. It was a little crazy with so many little ones but a lot of fun. I get a kick out of Jadens friends and some of the things they say. We did a Shark, Water themed party and they spent most of the time playing in the water but we also played shark bite & broke a pinata.





After Chris got home we took Jaden to dinner. He loves to go out and eat and he was sure to remind let everyone know that he was now six. Him and Landon enjoyed chocolate ice cream for dessert and they even saved some on their faces for later. They came home and we lit fireworks since Jaden LOVES to do this. Have two boys close in age is a lot of fun...especially for doing boys things. They ended the firework show wrestling.




We love you Jaden and hope you had a special day!!!!

2 comments:

Halley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Halley said...

You dont know my but I found you through my sister in laws blog and notice we have alot in common.. I have 2 boys and just had twin girls as well.. you have any tricks as to handling everyday life i would love to know cuz it feels like im always going 100 miles an hour!!! sorry to invade i just thought it was nifty my girls were born 2-2-11 and yours were born 5-2-11... i too delivered "naturally" no c-section but my girls are not identical at all!! anyways have a great day your kids are adorable!