Sunday, June 19, 2011

a wonderful day...........

I had to keep reminding myself that it was fathers day & not mothers day because I kept thinking it was my special day.


I should have Chris write this post because I'm sure he has some tender feelings from this day.



Our little girls were blessed today & each given a beautiful blessing by Chris. We've had an amazing weekend with family (all my siblings & their families are here) but I knew it would take too much time to blog & I wanted to get these tender thought down before they were a distant memory.
Alisha was blessed first. She cried a little bit at the beginning but then quickly calmed down as the blessing began. I wish I could have recorded each one.



Eliza was calm the whole time & even grabbed my brother Travis's finger during the blessing. He thought that was really neat.



Although each blessing was completely different there were two things in both of them that caught my attention. The first being that Chris blessed them to follow my example...this didn't touch me because I'm a perfect example BUT was a reminder to me that I needed to be the best example to all my children that I could possibly be. They've been entrusted to my care (see why it feels a little bit like mothers day). The second thing was the bond they were blessed with, with each other. I can't even imagine how amazing this'll be for each of them. I hope & pray they'll be each others best friend & that they'll be a strength to one another.



Chris has been gone for two weeks including the weekend & I haven't felt like I had a lot of time to really snuggle the girls. After taking a short nap with them I held & smelled them for a couple of hours. It was a dream.



Right after the blessing everyone came over for lunch. With the twins there are now 17 grandchildren & they all LOVE each other. During lunch the girls were tuckered out & took a nap but Alisha did wake up at the end to join the party. Our family loves spending time together & we had a great time.

Once everyone left we took a moment to celebrate fathers day with daddy! The boys were excited to give daddy their gift. It was golf clubs, a bag of tees that said he was "tee-rific" and a golf pass. Since Chris and my dad golf together my dad also got a bag of tees with the same saying and a game of golf.
Although we didn't spend the whole day focused on fatherhood I am so grateful for the fathers in my life & the examples that they are to me & my children. I'm grateful that Chris provides for our family & for the father that he is. My own dad for his unselfishness & his willingness to do anything for his children.



I hope everyone else had a wonderful day too!



More post of fun coming soon......

No comments: