Thursday, February 24, 2011

Miscalculation or Miracle????

As many of you are aware I've had frequent appointments with the perintologists out of Utah. On Friday was one of those appointments & the good news was that the doctor was happy with the size of the babies but the bad news was that one amniotic sac was measuring at 4cm and the other at 7 cm. As the Doctor put it we were seeing the start of twin to twin transfusion. This can be a very serious disease that could have drastically changed my care & the health of the babies. Although I've never been alarmed or too nervous I have tried to be prepared for anything. As a result he said he needed to see my on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week to check the fluids again to see if they had gotten any worse.

The perintologists only come down once in a while so an ultrasound tech here does all the measurements & then transmits that data to Utah. The Doctor will then come on camera to talk to me about the results. Every time I go in it's been a different tech that has taken my measurements.

Yesterday I could tell right away that I had a tech that was confident in what he was doing, whereas on Friday I could tell my tech was getting nervous as the Dr kept instructing him to check different things.

When everything came back as NORMAL I assumed that on friday the measurements had been done incorrectly.

Late last night Chris came home from bishopric meeting & mentioned that to the 2nd counselor (an anesthesiologist) exclaimed that it was a miracle. I assumed that a mistake on friday was made but maybe it wasn't. In addition, another lady I know that had identical twins about 20 years ago with tears in her eyes told me that I need to remember who has ultimate control. So today I'm grateful for healthy babies & the miracle that they are. I do know that there may be more hiccups along the way but I think I need to acknowledge & be grateful for all the good. I personally have had a great pregnancy without any problems to my health and with twins my risks increased.

So today I'm grateful!!!! I am still trying to be prepared for anything because I know that things can change at any time....I'm grateful for each week that I'm able to carry these babies & with each week I know they are stronger & healthier.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That's great news! It was good to see you the other day! I hope things continue to go well for you and the babies.

Brandi said...

I would say MIRACLE!!! I hope that you continue to have little miracles along the way. I still can't believe that your having twin girls...just so exciting!

Brittney said...

So glad to hear that everything came back normal the second time.

I must say that "miracles" seem to be popping up all over the place these days. On Friday, they determined Darby's cancer is gone (she's the little girl I did all the fundraising for).

Then there's Vince-I got the news article today about him and the donor and just bawled like a baby.

The we've had a sweet little gal in our ward who's been deteriorating so quickly but in the last three week has come around 100%.

So a miracle for you...I think so!

Em and Russ said...

What wonderful news!!!!! Heavenly father blesses us in the ways that are best for us!!! Keep it up!!!!

Russ

Charayne said...

What a great testimony! I hope things continue to go well. We will keep you and the babies in our prayers!!!