Thursday, February 17, 2011

"LOVE" day!

I feel like valentines day just snuck up on me. I felt like I was doing a lot of last minute scrambling but it all ended up great & wonderful!

Last Monday (over a week ago) when I was at my Doctors appointment my stomach was measuring at 36 weeks (yikes & completely shocking) and I've really felt it this week. So that's my excuse if this day was less then perfect:):):)

Backing up, the Saturday before Valentines Day we were treated to dinner by my parents. My love/hate relationship with food has been difficult this pregnancy so I was excited when I made a good choice at the restuarant and was very happy with my meal. That said, half way through I lost it all to throwing up but the positive is that it was a HUGE meal and I got to start all over again:) Thanks mom & dad...you guys are the best!

On Valentines Day we decided to invite all the little cousins over so that their parents could go out. This was in trade so that Chris and I could go out last night (two dates in less then a week is a real treat). What a blessing it is for my kids to have so many cousins around; as I watched their interractions I was so grateful for the forever friendships they'll always have. For their party they got heart-shaped hamburgers & rice crispy treats. For an activity they made their parents chocolate dipped strawberries that were delicious!>

Last night I made filet-minon with lobster & cheese cake. I'm not going to lie, by the time we sat down to dinner I was miserable. I was tired & my back was in a lot of pain...I'm a little scared as this pregnancy progresses. Chris encouraged me to go & lay down but it's not often we have time without the kids & I wanted to do a little baby shopping so we did....it was quick but fun to look at little girly things. We did have Jaden take 1 pictures of us together but I was closing my eyes so we have nothing to show of our night except our plates of food:)




And we DECIDED almost 100% on names for the babies! About 2 weeks ago we were showing Jaden the bedding or something in two's (can't remember what) when he replied, is that one for Alecia & that one for Elly. He kept talking about how "We" decided these names. We were confused and didn't think much of it until yesterday when Jaden called them by these names again. Again we asked him where he came up with these names. He then said that in January him & Landon decided that that was their names....I'm going to doubt that Landon really contributed & am guessing that Jaden had a dream about their conversation. Anyways, as Chris and I pondered this we did start to like the names. We do have a niece named Ella although in my family almost every name is taken so we don't have a lot to work with....and thought Eliza (Chris has been voting for this name anyways) would be better & we could call her Elly for short. Today I was playing with spelling and kind of would rather spell Eliza as Elyssa but Chris said that would be said like Allyssa...do you agree???? I also thought we could spell Alecia like Alycia and maybe (this may be too close to Elly) call her Ally for short. They are identical twins after all...would close nicknames be too weird:):):)

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh fun...trying to come up with names. I can't imagine trying to come up with two of them. I LOVE that Jaden came up with names for the girls. I think Elli and Ally would be difficult since they are so close. I mean seriously, mom calls me Jenna all the time and our names aren't even similar. How much worse would it be to have the names be just a few letters off. :)

The pics of all the cousins are so cute. How fun for them to celebrate valentine's together. Cute idea with the burgers and to have them make goodies for their parents.

Maegan said...

Your cheesecake looks delish! What a fun auntie and mom you are, you're even pregers!! My friend has a little girl name Aliza. Can't remember how she spells it, just remember it's with an A. Good luck!