Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Recipe HELP!

In this post I mentioned my system for working on my food storage. I've been spending hours combing through recipes that use items that are non-perishable. There are fabulouse websites but most contain many items that are perishable.

So...I'm hoping there are a few recipes or websites that you can share. I want my recipes to be pretty healthy. I'm finding many of the meals I'm putting together are similar & am hoping for some variety.

I'm happy to share what I already have. My simplest meals are sloppy joes (using TVP) & spaghetti (using whole wheat noodles) to some more complicated casseroles & soups.

If you have a recipes that contains one or two items that are perishable like cheese, that's ok. I figure that can be omitted if we truely did need to use our food storage.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Taco Soup has got to be one of my favorite food storage recipes, with TVP and I also like to add a dry ranch packet for extra flavor. I would love to hear more about the recipes you are already using, do you have a food storage blog??

Brittney said...

I'll see what I can come up with when I get back on top of my life (a.k.a. when the kids go back to school). :)