Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jaden had a visit from.....

The Tooth Fairy


and he was excited about it...................

and I wasn't............................



About a month ago we went to the dentist and he pointed out that Jaden's front tooth was a little loose. He told me if we were really careful that the roots may grab hold & the tooth may not come out. After cooking all his veggies (nothing raw) I thought we could save the tooth. I didn't want him to be the goofy looking kids missing all his teeth. Because he's only 4 it could be a couple of years before the tooth grows back in.


This past week as the tooth got looser, hung lower & he looked buck toothed I realized that in order to NOT look goofy the tooth had to come out. So we'd wiggle it a little bit each day just waiting for it to come out.


On Friday, at pre-school, it did. AND none of the kids noticed the goofy looking kids with the missing tooth BUT he did become the coolest one. His friends all ask to see his missing tooth. Apparently, it's the cool thing!


Last night (we told him the tooth fairy comes Saturday nights so that he'd have a happy Sunday morning, he's always a grouch) the tooth fairy visited & left him a new Bob the Builder Spin Brush & $1. AND he did wake up happy as could be. Thank you Tooth Fairy, I LOVE a happy Jaden.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Very exciting. You're smart to do $1. We started with $5 and the kids seem to think that's what the tooth fairy gives every time. Over the years, the "tooth fairy" has scaled back a bit-with three losing teeth all the time, it was breaking her bank.

It's funny how exciting it is for kids to lose a tooth. Glad it made for a happy Sunday.

Holly said...

Wow! He is brave...my little guy was a little nervous and upset to lose his first tooth...your little guy looks like he was all over losing his tooth!
I am with Britt on the $1 too! We do a dollar and I thought, it is something I could keep up with.