Saturday, March 6, 2010

Goodbye to SOON!

I've been debating something for a couple of months.
Landon just turned 2!!! Wow, that means some decisions. One of those being a BIG boy bed. In December when we got the bunkbeds we figured by the end of this year the boys would move in together. We just weren't sure when we would be ready.

I've been researching when kids should be in a big boy bed and the suggestion was let them stay in the crib. It's safer and there's no rush. Thankfully neither of my boys thought climbing out of the crib was any fun so they really were safe in the crib & there was no chance of them rolling out.

Landon's problem is that he rolls & moves....and lately hasn't been sleeping well. Chris & I have come to the conclusion it's because he's not comfortable in his crib. He wants more space!


So....today his bedroom is no longer a nursery! What a sad day for me. I think I've been resisting this change. I always thought his room would remain our nursery and when we needed it for another baby Landon would move into Jaden's room. Jaden too thought this was how it should be & was disappointed. He's ready for a bunk mate. Me, I'm not ready to get those two to settle down & sleep every night....individual rooms is much easier:)


I'm sure I'll be over it when Landons getting a good nights rest! Now to potty training (totally planning on waiting until he's closer to 3).

3 comments:

Charayne said...

Those are the milestones that are both exciting and difficult at the same time. I bet he will just love it. My kids were both so excited to have "big kid" beds. :) Your house is just darling. Hope everything works out!

Brittney said...

Wait on the potty training. The whole "poop" thing has been a beast with Carter. he's rocking on the "peep" but he's just not ready for the other and Landon's a lot younger than he is even.

I guess every kids different so you could give it a try. If he seems to do well with it, go for it. Otherwise, it just seems like a headache to me.

Holly said...

I am selfish, I can't say goodbye to the crib yet! My poor 2 year old is going to have to be older...maybe 3ish or when I am ready to not have him take his naps. I relish his nap times...selfish huh?