Friday, January 1, 2010

Smiling into the {New Year}

I'm finishing up our family album for 2009 & I'm smiling with happiness. Overall, it's been a great year! I think its a great time to reflect & set goals to improve in the new year. I'm so grateful for the wonderful memories we've had this year & look forward to new ones & more learning & growth in the new year. We have a GREAT life and one of my many goals for this new year is to be grateful & more giving of my time and myself. My list of goals is long & I hestitate to write resolutions because I have so many goals to achieve and I know success in new years resolutions come in a short & simple list....I'll have to work on that:)

One of the reasons I'm smiling is good friends. We wanted to do a New Years Eve party but knew babysitters would be scarce on this particular evening. As I was talking to my friend Jenn she came up with the brilliant idea of hosting the kids at her house (we share a back fence so I couldn't live closer to anyone else) & consolidating babysitters (we found 3). I knew if we hosted a party that included children that we'd have a very small guest list & many interruptions. It worked out perfectly & Jaden had his party which he loved & we had ours.....with great company I might add. Another goal...be a better picture taker. I used to be good but I've been slacking.




Another reason I'm smiling...Landon. This boy is PARTICULAR! He won't wear his coat or snow clothes plus refuses to wear certain shirts & pants. He's spent winter this far in a jacket. Today we were blessed with an enormous amount of snow & I was determined to get Landon to enjoy it. After a screaming/fighting fit while I dressed him in his snow clothes I succeeded in getting him bundled. After a sleigh ride around the block we all returned home to help Chris shovel. Landon couldn't get enough & was the last one to come in. In Idaho, you have to find joy in the snow or else you would be miserable. I'm grateful this little boy found joy in it today. He's such a cutie!






7 comments:

Holly said...

What an uplifting post! I feel so sad to see others report how glad they are to get rid of the New Year which has been a lot on my mind, so sad for people. Yeah, life can seem hard and trials are always at our toes but we must enjoy life right here right now and that is what I felt when I read your post!
Thanks for sharing! Cute little guys in the snow!
PS Thanks for my fabulous picture! You are so very talented!

Jenna Johnson said...

So you can get to work making me my last 2 years blog books! YEAH!!!!!!

Brittney said...

Yeah, I don't think I could ever "embrace" the snow again. I think I would just be miserable. I'm selfish because my kids would give anything to be there playing in it but I have no desire to head that way until it's summer time. Then again, it's 30 here all week so I guess I might as well be there-it's COLD here!

Brandi said...

Kimri I just love you...That was such a great post. I love the new year...all the fresh starts, not that I want to forget the alst year though. Here is to another wonderful year...maybe we could get together this year! :)

PS Happy Birthday (if I remember right) the other day!

Unknown said...

Hi Kimri!! I'm glad you found my blog and commented! Its great to hear from you and read about what you have been up to! I love your family pictures at the top of your blog! You look GREAT and your little boys are adorable! I'm so glad that things are going well for you! Have a great 2010!

Linda said...

Sorry! That last comment was from me, Linda. My nephew was on my computer right before me and it must have automatically used his login.

Anonymous said...

I saw a comment on Linda's blog from you and followed it to your blog. I clicked on it and didn't even recognize your family-you have all changed so much!! Hope all is going well for you! Happy New Year!