Monday, January 11, 2010

Lil' workout BUDDY & more!

I know I talk about Landon & his unique personality a lot! For the first 5 months of his life I couldn't have asked for a better baby. I had such a close bond with him & I wanted him near me all the time. Maybe that is where my little monster came from. BECAUSE after 5 months he had to be in my arms all the time & it definately wore on me mentally.


Thankfully I'm seeing the cutest & sweetest little boy emerging daily! With this he has found a best friend in his older brother. He still won't go to nursery but with his daily progress I have hope that it will come soon.

The other challenge that Landon has created for me was the ability to go to the gym. Since he won't go to the daycare there I'd have to wait until Chris would get home....tops I'd only get to go 3 times a week.


To maximize my ability to get a good workout & take away the stress of getting to the gym, Chris & I have started P90X. So far....fabulous; this is my third week. Besides a great workout Landon is by my side & makes me smile despite the pain. He sometimes tries to do the workout, sometimes drives his truck in front of the TV, sometimes sticks weights on my back (thankfully he can only lift 3's), likes to ride my back while I do pushups, but I'm laughing almost the whole time. I also was invited to a water aerobics group last week and I took Landon along to.. It's at a private pool & they have a kiddy pool right next to the big pool. Landon again was as good as I could have ever expected. The workout is about an 1 hr & 10 minutes & he stayed in the kiddy pool for about 40 minutes. Even though I didn't get to finish I see him making HUGE progress...yay for me!
As I was looking through my camera I found these pictures from our little adventure to the Rec Center last week. They only have open gym twice a week in the morning so I often don't go because I feel guilty that Jaden's at pre-school. But I've been reminding myself that Landon needs these adventures so I called Jenna to see if Gracie & Easton would want to go with us, we met some friends there, & Landon had a great time! Other progress Landon is making....he's starting to make friends & loves to play with others.
I know all these things sound so little for a lot of kids...Jaden was a social butterfly! For Landon, this is huge progress and for me, I'm so much happier. I was never depressed but I definately had moments of insanity because I never got a break from this little guy.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I'm laughing at this post because I do the same thing with Carter when I can't make it to the gym. He's my little sidekick as I sweat to the Gillian Michael's (the girl from biggest loser) dvd's. It's hard to work really hard when they're jumping right in front of your kick or when they keep saying "mom, look at me". It definitely makes the workout funner though.

I'm impressed that you are doing the p90x. I heard it's a beast. Would you be able to bring it next week? I've wanted to try it but haven't wanted to fork out the big bucks for it. If it messes up Chris' workout then by all means, leave it home, I wouldn't want to interfere with his workout. I know how much he loves them! :)

I'm excited to see Landon. The kids are too. They wished you were all bringing your kids along but I'm excited for the girly time.

Holly said...

I wish we had a rec center here! My two year old needs something like that! Best of luck with your little workout buddy, I have to put mine to bed or have too much help! ; )

Nield Moments said...

My little Payzli loves to help me! In fact this morning I was doing leg lifts & she was helping me count ...7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16. I decided she can help me count anytime! ;D