Sunday, July 5, 2009

A fun filled week!





This post is crammed full of a VERY busy but FUN week!!!!


We got to spend the entire week with my family including all my siblings (minus Chanse on his mission) & their children.


My brother from Medford OR arrived on Sunday so we got to enjoy the beginning part of the week playing with them.

On Thursday everyone finally arrived where we met in Jackson Hole. We stayed in Teton Village which is a beautiful resort area at the base of the tetons. Probably Jaden's favorite part of the trip was the tram ride (he called it the flying bus) up to the very top of the tetons. The altitude made me a little loopy & I didn't do a lot of hiking but Jaden & Chris did some exploring while I watched Landon play with Rocks. We then went to a shootout in downtown Jackson Hole where we got to see actors pretending to shoot eachother. Jaden slipped to the very front. Then a delicous dinner at Calico & then it being very late a few of the littlest went to sleep & everyone else did a late night swim/throw everyone in the pool. LOTS OF FUN!!!

The next morning my Grandma Hendricks came up to join us for breakfast. My parents arranged a private Buffet at the Virginian since we were such a big group & it was so nice to have a lot of space to let the kids play. We then went to Jenny's Lake & ferried across & did a hike up to hidden falls. It was refreshing & I definately want to start doing some longer hikes without the kids:):):)

Jaden, my dad, & Chris headed to get fireworks while all of us headed home to do a BBQ @ my parents house. My BOYS love fireworks & we screaming in delight when we did Friday Night fireworks at my parents. (Melanie took the funniest video on her phone of Jaden that I've got to get posted, it's great).

Saturday was the Rexburg Parade, BBQ at my parents where we also did a belated 60th b-day party for my dad since everyone was there, & then we went & watched fireworks in Menan. Again I had two happy little boys. AND Chris ran his 5k early that morning completing it in 24 minutes. My brother-in-law Matt ran with him & fell in a hole & it appears that he may have broken his ankle. The sad part was the Chris didn't notice he disappeared & kept running having to search for him at the end of the race.

Today I'm pooped but we again spent time with Family since most were heading home and I have some nieces & nephews sleeping in my basement right now savoring every last minute together. So Sad!!!! We had a great week but lucky for us my sister-in-law Dianna is staying with her two kids for a couple of weeks & we get to play, play, play. I've kind of decided that summer is ALL play. I'm not sure I'll ever be ready to go back to reality.

5 comments:

Goss Family said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! It was nice to see you at the parade!

Maegan said...

Wow! You guys were busy! I'm happy that all of your family was able to come for the occassion!

Holly said...

That is so fun! It looks like it was the week of family reunions! That is so awesome you guys had your in Jackson! I love Jackson! I feel so bad for Matt getting hurt! How rough for him! I hope they flew and didn't drive because that would sure stink at having a hurt leg and having to drive back so far. Chris' time was awesome though!

Brittney said...

We miss you guys already! :)

Brandi said...

WOW!!! What a busy fun weekend. I love all your layouts...looks like a lot of fun!