Friday, July 24, 2009

Conversation of two four-year olds

10 minutes ago.....

Emily & Jaden are playing together & decide that they want to go to Emily's house. Since it's raining Jaden decides he needs his winter clothes on. Jaden is excited for winter because we bought him skis a couple of weeks ago & he can't wait to go skiing. Jaden then proceeded to inform Emily 'I don't have ski boots yet so I'm going to have to use my dads". Why Jaden said this I don't know, Chris has bad knees & doesn't' ski. Emily then told him "when you are big you can get your own boots" but then she continued "you will also have your own house & marry a girl." This caught my attention since she's been telling her mom in secrecy that she'll one day marry Jaden. I wondered if she'd let me in on the secret so I asked "who do you think Jaden will marry?" Emily "well I think it will be a girl in High School". Jaden oblivous to the fact that one day he will marry a girl said "when I'm big I won't go to school, I'll work." I didn't get Emily to confide in me but it was funny to hear & try to make sense of the way 4 year old think. I've decided that boys & girls minds definately work differently.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

They really were too much fun today! Jaden is a cute kid. We love having him over, and they did great at the movie.

Holly said...

How cute is that! I am so glad you think to blog about these fun little conversations, I didn't and I miss that stuff...my oldest is getting too smart and I miss those fun little conversations!