Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh What FUN!!!!

I wish I could say the entire weekend was a lot of fun but Saturday consisted of creating a garden space. For some this would be an easy task but we had a lot of landscraping to remove to make this happen. This will be a seperate post when we are finished...I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow:)

On Sunday after church we went to my parents home for dinner. This is the first time that I've spent memorial weekend with my parents since I've been married. We enjoyed dinner with family members while my dad (grandpa) loaded all the kids onto the 4-wheeler for a ride. The kids were in heaven.

Afterwards we went to the cemetary to visit family graves. This is the first time that I've ever been with my grandma & I loved it. She shared stories of ancestors & memories that she had. Some of the family graves were over 100 years old. We also went & visited my grandpa's grave...very sad since this is the first memorial day he wasn't with us. I miss that man!!! I can't wait until my children are old enough to hear & remember the stories I share with them about him & others.





Today was all play. My dad took Chris, Matt, Jaden, & Gracie golfing & to lunch. Jaden enjoyed himself & Chris said he wasn't too bad. What a cute golfer!!!















After we met up with them to go to the spray park & carousel. Jaden is still scared & was really in need of a nap while Landon couldn't have had a better time. Usually it's the other way around but it's fun seeing Landon start to have more fun! Landon wanted to explore & explore some more.

At the end of today I'm pooped! I loved accomplishing so much on Saturday & spending time with family on Sunday & today playing.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love the picture of you and your little guy, so cute! I am so jealous, is looks like you had good weather, we had rain and more rain! : (
It looks like a fun filled weekend! I love Memorial Day and telling my boys about my grandparents!

Brandi said...

What a great weekend! It is always the best when things just work out. We need to get together! I sure miss all the good times we had years ago. It is really fun to think about and remember!

Brittney said...

I attempted to do my garden on saturday as well although I am getting a late start on it so I don't know if anything will grow very big.

Dad emailed about the golf trip. It sounds like they really had a lot of fun. Wish my kiddos could join in the festivities. :(

Anonymous said...

Wow Kimri - As always you make things look so fun !! I can just really imagine being there. (That's how I go to sleep at night)
Sure miss you - Give the boys a kiss and hug from this old lady !
Love Maggi & grandma