Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our Weekend~!

Jaden has been excited for this weekend to come because he got to go on the Fathers & Sons outing with Chris. He kept talking about sleeping in a tent & roasting marshmellows....BTW, we aren't campers & this is the first time he's ever done anything like this.

Yesterday Chris got home & away they went. Jaden was obsessed with the FIRE...I should probably be a little worried. Jaden's little buddy Jordan was there (Jordans mom said Jordan asked all week if Jaden was going to be there) & they ran & played. They roasted mashmellows & hotdogs, they got to throw wood in the fire, Chris said Jaden was in heaven. At 3am Jaden refused to stay in his sleeping bag & was frozen when he informed Chris that he wanted mommy. Even though they cut the camping trip short Jaden has informed Chris that he'd like to go again. Chris agreed to camp in the backyard next weekend.

Today was Mothers Day! I am fortunate to live by my amazing mom & got to spend this afternoon with her. She is as close to PERFECT as you can get & I'm so grateful for her example...I have so much to live up to.

Of course my boys are on my mind today too. I love them & am so grateful to be their mom. Today Jaden made me smile when I stared at him & though how truely handsome he was. Landon made me smile when he flashed his adorable dimples my way. I love those things. I'm grateful that even just the simple things that these boys do make me so happy.

I'm crazy to post this self picture of me (took it while I was working on the computer)...I really wanted a picture of me and my boys & made this realization after they were tucked in bed. This is my 3rd mothers day & wanted a picture to mark the occassion. The problem is it's the end of the day & I really need makeup, my hair done, a sun tan, you name it...I need a lot. BUT then is reminded me that this is what being a mother is. I often need to redo my makeup & hair, I look tired, I'm frazzled but in the end...these boys are WORTH it and what I look like doesn't matter. I should mention I do put some effort in when Chris is home since he's only home for a couple of days.

So to all mothers, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Remember the campout at Green Canyon you planned last summer? That was lots of fun. Impressive that Chris & Jaden actually stayed the night!!

You are such a good mom! Thanks for the mother's day message.

Jenn said...

So excited about the beading! And you have such a cute blog! I could learn so much from you!
jjepearson@gmail.com

Brittney said...

It's cute to see the boys head off for some father-son bonding. Our F&S is this weekend. I'm taking the girls out for a night at the movies...Hannah Montana 3-D...fun for me! :)

D-Mama said...

Hey yeah its been forever!!! You guys look great and your boys are super cute time sure does fly!! we live in Henderson which is basically vegas but without all the vegas crap so its great.Michael is working for a 3D software company here. I love it here (but im not a fan of the hot summers) well I better be off talk to ya later

Holly said...

We are so not campers too, good for you hubby to embrace the experience, so far my hubby has escaped his! ; )
I agree with you about your mom, she is amazing! However, she did raise some amazing wonderful girls too and that includes you!