Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My ReAliTy

So I'm definately lacking in my posts.

The reality is that Chris has started travelling with work again. YUCK!!! When Chris travels he expects me to post a lot. Double YUCK!!! But here's the positive side since we all need to find a positive to the negative. Absence really does help the heart grow fonder. I was talking to a gal that lives a couple of doors down whose husband travels all year, almost all week. She has 3 little ones & is such a sweetie but really quiet. As I talked to her it reminded me that it's not that bad & that it could be worse.

Yesterday was a WARM day which was wonderful but also meant that there was a lot to do. So Jenna & I set to work putting up the swing set...a whole day later it's still not done. Those things are hard & it honestly ate my whole day yesterday. It didn't help that all the little ones were trying to help to. The highlight of the day was planting a FEW flowers (I still don't trust the weather to plant more.)

We did take a moment to color easter eggs. The topless children are a result of a desire to not stain clothing. Mission was accomplished.

Landon is getting better at not holding onto me every second of every day. He really just wants to stay a baby which is nice to fill that baby void but not so nice when I'm trying to get something done. Jaden was adventerous at this age & wasn't scared of anything...Landon just wants to be near his mommy. Landon has taken a liking to basketball & that keeps his attention for a while. I got to catch that on camera because it really is cute.

We broke out my bike today. There is seriously something about riding a bike & feeling like a kid again. I rode down the neighborhood with a big SMILE plastered on my face pulling two little ones.

Ok...so my reality isn't that exciting. This warm weather is so good for my SOUL. How can you not love it. I'm looking forward to a date with my hubby this weekend, giving Jaden his bike for Easter, the easter egg hunts, & reflecting on the true meaning of Easter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love the pictures. Believe me I'd much rather be home. Jaden is a handfull, but I can't imagine him any other way. Good luck with the flowers, I am also looking fowardto our date.

Chris

Holly said...

You are such the cute wife! What a cute couple! BTW I am totally jealous of your weather! : ( Ours is still snowy and cold, major downer on spring soccer that starts next week. Good for you to stay busy. I complain all the time because my hubby is so busy and travels for his work often and I miss him all day everyday too! Hang in there!

Brittney said...

I think rather than Chris expecting you to post more, he should start doing some posts as well so that you can keep up on him. Didn't he say he was going to be a contributor? I have yet to see a post Chris!!! :)

How fun for the kids to have a swingset and so fun for you to have some nice weather to ride the bike. It always makes me feel happy too.

As for the flowers, you are one brave soul. I still haven't been brave enough to plant here and this isn't even Idaho! :)