Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a very FULL weekend but those are always the best!!!

Saturday morning for breakfast I made a BIG meal. We rarely do much more then cereal & I wanted it to be a fun day. We then gave Jaden his bike & it was so fun to watch his expression when he saw it. He was so excited & so grateful. At 10am we when to the community Easter Egg Hunt & it was packed. Jaden was in the 3-4 year old age group & since many of them didn't understand the rules they started to early...I told Jaden to hurry & he did. He filled his basket full & then realized his BEST FRIEND (he says this non-stop) Gracie was without any because she panicked. He then proceeded to take half his eggs & fill her basket...truely a touching moment. We then walked over to the playground & everyone played & had so much fun...Landon too! Landon thought the slide was the greatest thing.

After this we headed home & tried out Jaden's new bike. Chris pulled Landon with the bike trailer...a funny picture if I could have captured it:):):) AND then it being such a beautiful day & all I decided it was time to paint the shutters & front door. Turqouise just wasn't going to cut it anymore...I will post pics when it's completely done.

That night Chris & I got some alone time...wahoo!!!! Unfortunately much of the night was spent still trying to figure out Easter outfits. BTW I'm totally going to make my own store that sells cute boy ties. I looked everywhere all week & just wasn't satisfied with the blue & black ties I purchased the boys and they don't even make any Landon size. I was going to have to alter his. At 9pm we finally found Jaden a shirt/tie combo but nothing for Landon. Landon luckily had a hand-me-down vest outfit from Jaden that matched Jaden so that was good enough for me. We then ran to another store to buy Chris a matching tie...seriously, it was stressful!

Saturday night I received two phone calls from different people asking me to sing the next morning & in two weeks for sacrament meeting. I agreed for Easter, tried to get out of the two week thing (not so lucky) so easter morning I took pictures of Jaden in his cute outfit but Landon was napping & then I had to go practice & his shirt was dirty by the end of the church so we'll be doing retakes on the whole easter outfit thing. So here's sneak peak of Jaden....Landon will be coming soon!

For easter Dinner my Grandma Hendricks made a delicious dinner. Landon had a blowout (he never had these now) all over & I had no spare clothes. He ended up wearing one of my grandmas shirts for the remaining time. For that reason he didn't get to participate in the easter egg hunt:) So Jaden came home with plenty of candy & goodies!

And I have to post this picture. A week ago my friend Jen invited Jaden over to make this. Isn't it the cutest. The grass grew in a week. Jaden keeps talking about how long his grass is. This might be a tradition that we'll have to take on.

2 comments:

Holly said...

First of all I just love the changes you made to your blog! Ummm...can I have help on mine! I totally need your help?!?! Love the pictures of your growing family, I am so jealous you get to live close to yours!

Gallegos Family said...

Wow Murph! You look increadible! I googled your blog. I looked at it a while ago, but I guess it has been much longer than I thought! Your kids are all getting so big!
We miss you guys!
-Dan, Camille and the monkeys.