Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our 4th of July Activites

Our 4th of July Festivities began last Saturday Night at a party in a cul de sac in our neighborhood. I was so busy chatting that I took only 1 picture. I wish I would have been more diligent because my boys were all smiles & loved playing with their friends. Landon's face was covered in all the treats...cotton candy, ice cream, Popsicles, hot dogs, and popcorn. Landon did great at butting in lines and since his momma was busy chatting she wouldn't discover his sin until it was over:) Jaden was more patient and if the line was too long would go & play with his friends. At 10pm they did the big fireworks so me & the girls headed home while the boys stayed to watch.

On Monday we headed to the Rexburg parade. It was a beautiful day and the boys loved to catch the candy. Landon would quickly pop what he caught into his mouth.

After the Parade we headed to my parents for food, swimming, & mini-fireworks.


Not wanting to brave the crowds by the water....I get so nervous with little kids....we found an empty field, picked up some KFC, & watched the melaluca fireworks from the back of the van. The boys were loving it!
And of course the girls celebrated the same way the boys did but in a much more mellow manner. The little sweeties slept through most of the day. I'm so glad they are good enough that they don't stop us from going & having a little bit of fun!






I'm so glad we take a day each year to celebrate out independence. In the melaluca firework show they had excerpts from Past Presidents and WOW...it was some powerful stuff. I wish I could feel those chills with our politicians today. What a great country we live in & what a fun day to get to celebrate.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh I miss all those little kiddos...okay, and their parents too but seeing them standing on the side of main street at the parade makes me so wish we were there. I love 4th of July in Idaho.

Maggi Murphy said...

The pictures are great - thank you for posting them. I sure miss you all.
Grandma Murphy