Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Celebrations plus a little teeth cleaning




Usually Jaden has went to my dentist to get his teeth cleaned but since Landon is now the age of 3 & I have two to take to the dentist I decided it was time to take them to a kids dentist. I have to say that more playing went on then teeth cleaning. Since it was Landons first visit they did a "Happy Visit" which consisted of looking at his teeth for about 1 minute....I hope his teeth are really ok. Even though he was supposed to be happy he cried. Jaden is used to the drill, hopped onto the table, made his requests, & couldn't have been happier. Since they are a kids dentist there were video games, a movie theatre, car racing track, & a big thomas the train set (Landon's favorite.) After I saw how much they loved all the dentist extras I may just be tempted to sneak them back another day just to play:):):)

Ever year we take the kids to the tautphaus park easter egg hunt & we couldn't miss this year. We also added Gracie & Easton to our family:) They were in different groups so Chris & I separated so that all the kids could go at the same time. They all did very well but it was a little crazy & Jaden ended up getting separated from everyone. The smart kid went to the car & waited for us. Whew!!!
All last week I really made an effort to help my kids understand the REAL reason we celebrate Easter. There's so many fun activities BUT that's the fluff & I wanted to make sure Jaden knew the difference. So daily I'd quiz him on why we celebrated Easter and to help both boys have an even better understanding we chose to do their Easter baskets on Saturday vs Sunday so that they knew Sunday was the day to think about our Savior and the true meaning of Easter. So after the Easter Egg Hunt we came home & surprised the boys with a trampoline and their baskets. It was such a beautiful afternoon & everyone was in such good spirits!

Both boys were so happy & pleasant Easter Sunday. Our home had such a nice, restful feeling before church and I didn't regret doing all the activities prior to actual Easter. Plus, Chris is gone to meetings on Sundays so we were able to include him on all the fun on Saturday. After Church we enjoyed a big family dinner & a small Easter egg hunt BUT not before the kids could tell grandpa why we celebrate Easter...good thing I'd been prepping my boys all week:)

TWIN UPDATE:


Are you sick of these....I kind of am:) It's time to get them out of my belly! Last Thursday the Nurse was going to schedule me for this Friday. Because I had some concerns about being induced I asked her if I could wait until my Monday appointment to talk to my OBGYN about risks or whether it'd need to be a c-section. Assuming that it was a go on Friday either way...I just didn't know how it'd go I told everyone I was having them this Friday.


On Monday when I went in my OBGYN wants to do it this coming Monday. I'm dilated to a 3 and they may come before then but that is the scheduled date & so far it looks like I can deliver them and that is the plan. In addition on my ultrasound the tech picked up hair on both girls....both boys had a good amount of hair so I was very hopeful that my girls wouldn't be bald:) Here's crossing my fingers for the beautiful dark hair that both my boys had a babies. It's kind of strange that they are both blondes now.


No comments: