Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Efficiency

I love to be efficient with my time. As a matter of fact I love to see if I can find a more efficient way to do something that I already figured out the most efficient way to do it. That said....I realized this twin thing is another way to be efficient in the long run. One pregnancy results in two children, they'll be on the same schedule (yes, for the moment it'll be crazy but in the long run if you think about it, I'll be saving time), just to name a few!

I've always wanted twins but NEVER thought they'd be in my future. In addition to this I wanted them to be girls & identical. Obviously we don't pray for "wishes" because that's what they are. This journey for me has been crazy & overwelming as I've realized my wish has come true. The week before I found out I was having twins I teased Chris that I was going to find out next week that we were having twins....again, I never expected it to really happen. Chris responded "Kimri, to be honest, I really don't want twins". He's since changed his mind:):):) When I found out and was blabbing to my doctor in complete shock I told him how much I wanted twins & how Chris didn't & his response was "you know who the lords listening too." hehehe, I now hold that over Chris's head since he was scared to have girls & hoped they'd be boys & how he didn't want them to be identical since he was worried about them having their own identity!


Jenna (my sister's) husbands mom is an identical twin & I always thought she'd get the twins I always wanted. Since I've studied more about twins I realize that identical are not genetic & a complete fluke! WOW!!!!! Heavenly father is in complete control!


Now all my excitement aside, I'm getting extremely scared. Yes, I wanted this but can I handle this. With everyone of my childrens births I felts overwelmed right before they were born. I know the countdown is on & that I have very little time before these girls join our family. It hit me last night & I've realized I need to pack my bag & make the arrangements to be away from my boys. I wish I had a crystal ball to know what day & how it'll go. Both girls are currently head down & although I've tried to be open-minded about how they'll have to be delivered I'm getting excited at the possibility of not having to have a c-section and getting to deliver them.


Before the shower below I had another baby shower that was a complete surprise so I have no pictures to share but it was amazing, the food, the decorations, the generous gifts...all of it!


This shower was full of family & friends & hosted by Jenna & my mom. It was fun to see everyone...some I haven't seen in a while. These girls were definately spoiled & I appreciate everything everyone has given. I really felt silly on my third pregnancy to be so spoiled but it was fun too! And I should mention we've gotten fun packages from friends in Washington too and some of those packages have included something for the boys...so thoughtful!!!!

2 comments:

Jake and Aleesa said...

You'll do great!! Its crazy at first but so fun!! That's good people are thinking about the boys too.....a suggestion? At first, when people come to meet the girls, make a rule they have to give the boys attention first. The big kids get feeling left out really quick. It was the BEST thing we did for Emma and Braden.

I'm so excited for you!!!!

Brittney said...

I wish I could see the pictures bigger of your shower. How fun to have so much family there (fun for you that is, sad for me). :(

YOU and your twins are the reason that I AM NOT going to get pregnant again. Fluke maybe, but I'm not going to try out that theory. :)

Get the bags packed sista!