Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Boys!!!!!

After a funny morning of listening to my boys talking I decided I needed to document it.



When we first got bunk beds over a year ago it was a treat for Jaden to sleep on the top bunk...he had to earn the privilege so you can imagine my surprise when we moved the boys together & Jaden no longer cared to sleep on the top bunk; it was a little bit of a problem. After we'd put the boys to bed Jaden would sneak to the floor & Chris would have to lift him to the top bunk. Jaden doesn't always communicate his feeling & frustrations well & finally I sat him down & asked him why he didn't want to sleep on his bed. Prior to this his excuses were so silly but this time he finally opened up & told me he was scared the top bed would fall off and crash to the floor...I could tell this was truly a fear of his. Of course I want my children to feel safe so I immediately went to work taking the two beds apart, moving furniture & pictures so that there would now be two beds in a bedroom that was already so small. This was two days ago & Jaden is waking up so much happier & perkier & both boys are seeming to enjoy the new bed arrangement.



So for the last two mornings Jaden has woken up early & popped into bed with me. This morning (this was 5 minutes before I was waking up) he came & we had a sweet little talk. I asked him if he was ready for me to have these babies. His honest reply was "mom, I don't want you to have them because I won't get to spend time with you". I thought he thought I was going to have them right now and I told him I meant more like next week. He still was worried and I reassured him I'd always make time for him and that he was a great big brother.



With the big brother responsibility I've been really trying to teach him to help around the house & I reminded him that when Landon woke up he needed to clean his room, make his bed (this is a new responsibility since it was two high for him to make before), and get dressed. He told me he'd be very quiet and set to work.



Yesterday Jaden suddenly took an interest in reading. He's so funny & decides to take interest in things on his own time. After reading lots of books last night he kept telling me which kind I needed to buy so he could read better (I already forgot the name but I'll have to ask him again so I can purchase him some).



So this morning I could hear him cleaning and all the sudden I heard him talking to Landon who had just woke up. His words were something like this..."Landon, I'm going to read lots of books to you. How about I teach you to read also." Then I heard him sit on Landon's bed and start having him repeat words like "I, am, the, little, robot, ect" and pointing to them in the book. I could hear Landon repeating each word carefully. It was so cute & tender! As an added bonus I heard him say "Landon, I'll show you how to make your bed." and I could hear them working together. Their blankets are turned the wrong direction & they certainly aren't show room perfect but I couldn't help smile when I saw both their beds.




When I saw Jaden's outfit I noticed his shirt was getting to be a belly shirt. Both my boys are getting SOOOOO tall and I encouraged Jaden to go and change it because it was getting small. He insisted it fit just fine because it wasn't tight. True but when he moves his arms his belly button pokes out. Deciding not to pick a battle about it I told him that this was the last time he could wear the shirt....I feel bad for his classmates today that will get a couple of belly button views:):):)



When Jaden is happy & helpful it is so wonderful! I wish I could keep this attitude around at all times. He isn't really a messy kid but Landon is and he's been good to help me pick up all the toys on the floor since it's getting harder for me to clean them.



Last week I took the boys to the store to pick out an easter egg kit. Every day Landon would bring it to me so that we could make eggs. Finally last night we pulled it out & the boys got to work. With this kit you put the eggs in a bag, drop different colors of die, swish it around, take the egg out & sprinkle with glitter. They had so much fun with their different color creations. Jaden has become very protective of the eggs since Landon has broken a couple.



TWIN UPDATE:



When I meet with the perinatologists out of Utah it's usually a different doctor every time so I'm never sure what they'll suggest. I do get the feeling they are careful with their suggestions since everything has a risk.




On Monday my OBGYN seemed to think that I'll make it to 36 weeks which he said would be really good (that's next friday.)




Yesterday when I met with the perinatologist he mentioned a study done in Britain of monochorionic twins (shared placenta). The study suggested that past 36 weeks there is a higher still born rate. A different perinatologist mentioned this to me about a month ago. He said that at 36 weeks their could be respiratory problems. I think he wanted to educate me to make the decision on when to have these babies. He said he'd make a note to my obgyn so that on Monday we could discuss and make a decision.




Chris has been out of town the last couple of days & flights into Idaho Falls aren't plentiful so I've been really careful not to do too much so that I won't have contractions. I've had small ones for a while but nothing that would put me into labor. I really would like to not have to be induced or have a c-section but he gets home today so I'm going to weed my many flower gardens (I may only get one done) and start getting my body to think about having these babies. I was at a 1 on monday...with my boys that didn't happen until about 40 weeks (my body holds onto babies:):):)).




So in my estimate I'll have these babies by next Friday at 36 weeks or if I come earlier on my own. I think on Monday my OBGYN and I will have a plan.




This picture is me at 34 1/2 weeks. I hesitate to post because I've put on 45 lbs & it was the end of the day...I look TIRED! Everyone tells me I haven't put on weight in my face but looking at this picture I completely disagree or maybe I'll blame it on the angle. I know at some point in life I'll want to see a picture of me with twins so I thought I better take one. I may take it down in humiliation:):):)

6 comments:

Toni said...

You look great and I can't believe that your baby's are going to be here so soon! Everything is going to go amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Linda said...

I love belly bump pictures and I think you look amazing!! Be proud of your body and the beautiful twins you are caring! So excited for you!

Rachel said...

You look great! I hope weeding does the trick! Good luck and let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Brandi said...

Kimri you really do look fantastic! Honest!!! I am so excited for you! Pretty soon you will be making a post title "The Grils!!!!!" instead of the post today. GOOD LUCK with everything. I am so excited to meet these little girls. I pray that everything goes well, and they make their entrance into your family healthy and happy!

The boys are so cute. I love those tender little moments. It makes all the "tough" moments during the day worth it. I hope they are excellent help with the girls.

Jake and Aleesa said...

Yay!!! You've done so good!! I remember hitting 36 weeks and being so happy that the boys could come any second and be healthy. I'm so excited for you!! Let me know when they come!

Tara said...

You look great and beautiful. I'm so excited for you guys and also to be an aunt. Just think you're almost there, and I bet you can't wait to see and finaly hold those girls. I remember when you were having Landon and the text messeges I got from Chris, and I can't wait to get the one saying "The girls are here!" You're in our thoughts and prayers. Love and miss you guys