Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This Boy!


Wow! This boys mind exhausts me. It NEVER stops.


For the past 3 weeks our homes has been filled with Chain Reactions (I was going to upload one to show from my phone & can't figure it out.) Because of the mess they were creating I had to create a rule that he couldn't build another one until his last one was put away. These chains reach from one point of the room to another, sometimes off of table, & sometime they land in bucket of water.



The chain reactions & his other ideas are constantly in his thoughts....he even dreams about them & wakes up & tell me about it.


Some of the funny or not so funny things that he does.

-Jaden loves cars...it works out well that we own a dealership. Chris wrecked his car a month ago & we decided to replace it with a toyota prius; a very practical choice since Chris lives in his car & it gets 46 mpg. Jaden wasn't very happy about it because he thinks it's very ugly & refused for some time to ride in it. One day he decided to take the look of it in his own hands & build a front air scoop (I didn't know what these were until a month ago...you see them on race cars). So with a big rock in hand he went to work on the hood of the car. When I went outside I was VERY angry at the many scratches on the hood. He informed me he was working on building a front air scoop. This was one of those not so funny moments. If we see a prius on the road he's always very quick to tell us how ugly it is.

-Jaden loves to be the dealership & he usually is really good so he can often go when I or Chris work. Today Chris & I were there while a couple of people were looking at a car. We do try to keep Jaden away from the customers but he snuck around us & went & announced to the potential customers that "this car has nice tires." Thankfully they were looking at a car that he thought was "cool" or else I'd be afraid what he'd say.

-Today Jaden built 4 centers for me & Landon to do. They do these in kindergarten...they have science centers, listen centers, ect. Today his centers included BINGO (he got the idea from Kotter's b-day party); he created is own bingo cards. I was so impressed.

-This isn't a funny moment but one I LOVE...he always runs out of school with a huge smile & hug. I have yet to do a carpool because I want to see his face coming out of school. I'm sure I'll get over it soon:)


Sometimes his energy & mind overwhelms me but I'm grateful he uses his mind so much. I hope that as a parent I can steer him to do great things with it...I know he can be & do anything he wants. Currently he wants to be a race car driver...I definately will work on steering that in a different direction.



3 comments:

Holly said...

The life of a mother of boys! Sometimes I feel like Heavenly Father hand picks some of the best moms and dads to be parents of his busiest and smartest boys! Hang in there!!! Good thing you are journaling this you can so him when he is older and he will cringe! ;)

Em and Russ said...

What a great bunch of stories!!! I love that the little man has such an imagination. Sounds like he's going to be an engineer with that mind of his.

FYI, if he still wants to be a race car driver when he is 12, I know who to talk to.

Brittney said...

Very cute post. I especially LOVE that he created centers for you. That just shows how much creativity he has. And the fact that he made the Bingo, is even more awesome!

I LOVE the new pics. I can't believe how old he looks.