Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall is Here!!!

You wouldn't know it with the weather we've been having but Fall is here and so are all the activities that make life busy. I realize that without my camera (which I haven't used it near as much as I should) I wouldn't remember any of it. As I go through the pictures it reminds me of everything I need to still journal about so here I go.
A couple of weeks ago Chris was travelling with work & Jaden was having a tough time...you'd think he'd be used to it by now. He happened to have that Thursday & Friday off from school that week so we headed to see daddy! The boys spent the majority of their time swimming.


As I've mentioned many times Jaden is ALWAYS thinking of new ideas. Here is his lunch that he insisted he build one day. I had to make sure the veggies & cheese were cut perfect so that he could build his house. The roof is crackers...he gobbled the whole thing up.


This year was the first year his school did a carnival. I am so amazed at the parent involvement at his school. It was a huge event & very well attended. As they talk about all the budget cuts & how they are cutting aids in the classroom I've seen parents step up & fill the void. Jaden's classroom ran out of spots for parents volunteers & there were some parents that didn't get to participate because there is so much involvement. I've been going to Jaden classroom on Thursdays to do centers & have loved being involved & getting to know the children in the classroom. The kids in his class are great & have great parents...what a blessing!

This is becoming a fun tradition. We tried to plant pumpkins in our garden this year & I planted them too early & they froze. When I went to buy more seeds the stores were all out. I can't say I'm too sad because we have so much fun going to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins. They also had train ride, a corn maze, & unlimited suckers!!!


Last night for FHE the boys got to carve their pumpkins. They were so excited. We also had great harvest pumpkin & chocolate chip bread for dessert...yummy!


Time sure is travelling fast but I'm excited as the holidays are approaching!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Yay! I love fall! Super cute pictures! I also love the your new family pics you look so good!

Brittney said...

I just looked back through all of my pictures today and realized how far behind I am as well. I'm going to post every night until I get caught back up (at least that's my plan). :)

That's fun that your school had a carnival. I remember LOVING those in Elementary.

Love the costumes. I was trying to remember the lego on of Jaden last year thinking it would be a cute one for Carter. Could you email me a pic of it if you have a minute.

Alexandra Li said...

your family is sooo adorable :)