Sunday, April 25, 2010

Earth Day!

To celebrate earth day we took the kids to the zoo! They had some fun learning vendors & the kids got to check out all the animals.


Landon is starting to crack me up & he was so fun to follow around as he explored everything. His last zoo experience was in my arms the whole time so it's definately a different world when you are exploring it yourself.


Hopefully everyone learned something new to introduce into their homes to be a little greener. I gathered some ideas that will work for our family! I didn't do it intentially but this last week I MADE a big effort to purchase food I knew we were going to eat & make smaller portions so that we wouldn't be wasteful. SUCCESS!!! I've always had good intentions to do just this but last week it really came together into very healthy meals that were eaten by all. There was some majoring cheer leading on my part when it came to a casserole with green beans but the boys did it and I got some major exercise jumping up & down...this is no joke, I cheered & jumped up & down with every bite they took. It worked!!!!

2 comments:

Maegan said...

I wondered if you guys would be there! We had a picnic at Tauphaus Park, but wasn't brave enough to ventue over where all the people were! We stuck to the little play land! See ya tomorrow night!

Chris said...

That was fun. I have only been gone one day and I already miis the family. I love you guys