Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Snow Filled Easter Egg Hunt

It snowed last night but we didn't let it stop us from taking the boys to an easter egg hunt. The plus side to such weather results in less people & more goods for the boys:) When I looked at the snowy ground littered with colored eggs it totally looked like a sugar cookie with lots of frosting & sprinkles.

Landon got to meet the Easter Bunny & Jaden got to do the hunt. Jadens basket got so full that the eggs were falling out so we hollered at him to come & grab Landons basket (parents can't enter the hunt area.) Finally Jaden heard us only after almost all the eggs were were almost all gone. He was so cute & said "mom, I'm sorry I didn't get more eggs for Landon." What a great big brother! Despite the fact that it should have been warmer, it was a fun easter egg hunt.

This morning as I was making the boys pancakes I decided that I need to share the pancake recipe (it's actually a waffle recipes but I use it for pancakes) that I use. I'm doing weight watchers & thought I'd calculate the points & there's only 1 per pancake if you do 12 pancakes. The other beauty of this recipe is that you don't have to grind the wheat first, just let it soak overnight & mix together in your blender. Here's the link! if you kids struggle with eating their veggies throw a couple of carrots in the blender too. My kids love these pancakes & you really do feel good after you eat them. Top with sugar-free syrup or fruit. A perfect breakfast.

No comments: