Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

It was definately a different feeling to have conference on Easter Weekend. When the boys woke up we wanted to make sure they understood the real meaning of easter. This past week I kept explaining to Jaden why we celebrate Easter & while the Easter bunny is fun, it's not the reason! This morning we had him tell us why we celebrate Easter.

After we took a moment to reflect we let the boys search for their baskets which were hidden in our house since there is snow on the ground. Landon wandered around aimlessly doing his own thing but Jaden was on the HUNT! The boys were greeted with personalized suit cases, easter outfits, sun glasses, hats, & misc. toys. It was fun to see the smiles on their faces.

I'd love to say I was able to listen to every minute of conference but it wouldn't be true. The BOYS were little stinkers and fought and had many needs the entire time. The overall message I kept hearing was the importance of setting examples for our children, being a good mother, & so many examples were shared how to do this. Wow...it definately made me feel like I have a lot of work to do. I realize the importance of the role that I play in the home & I know I need to do better. Although they are monsters sometimes I LOVE them lots!!! The other message I picked up on (I think sometimes we pick up on those things that we need to hear) was to toughen up. Times are hard, be prepared with a good foundation to be able to withstand the trials in our lives because we will have them.

After conference we enjoyed Easter Dinner at my grandma's. It's tradition to enjoy a yummy bunny cake that my Aunt makes and the kids ran around with their 2nd cousins. Jaden enjoyed throwing snow too...snow on Easter should not be! Afterwards we went over to my mom & dad's for another Easter Hunt! My kids are on sugar overload.

Today I'm grateful.....this was a hard week. Some unexpected things happened that caused me great frustration & anxiety. I'm grateful for our savior and the knowledge that I have of him.


Hopefully everyone had a spirtually filled day with family & lots of love!!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Glad you were able to hear at least some of conference. It seems like no matter how much prep goes into it (conference games, snacks, etc.) there's always lots of chaos and drama at our house during conference.

I'm looking forward to watching throughout the week what I missed today. Thank goodness for DVR.

Your pages are great. You're so good at staying caught up. I need to do better at that. Have a great week!

-Steph

Brittney said...

I love the times. I'm assuming you made them. I just made one for Carter but I think I messed up on the knot. I may have to have you teach me when I come out next month. YEAH! :)

Brittney said...

BTW, I meant TIES. I can't type.