Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hitting the Slopes

Chris told me yesterday that I've become soft. That sounds like he meant my body (it's true) but he meant my ability to tolerate cold!


Growing up in Idaho you'd think I could tolerate it great but my brief absense made me realize that I don't like to be cold. Thus....I took forever to return to the ski hills. Still not sure it's something I'll do often. Those of you that ski...isn't the drive home the worst????


Yesterday I finally took Jaden. First off, it was so good to spend one on one time with him. Our conversation in the car was so fun; he's a character. He was so excited!!! Jaden doesn't like the cold either so a small part of me hoped he didn't want to go. We decided just to do the bunny hill. I was too nervous to take him on anything else and he never let go of my hand and I told him we couldn't go on the big hills unless he let go of my hand. The rope tow was an adventure & Jaden tried SO hard to do it by himself but just couldn't. I had to end up pulling both of us up the hill (my arms, back, shoulders, were dieing). We only skiied for about 2 hours because I couldn't pull us up the rope tow one more time. We also did lunch and watched the skiiers on the hill. He was such a perfect little date. When it was time to go I told him he could get a treat for the car ride home. He insisted on doing it himself and told me I had to stay by the stairs. I had to peak in on him & he was so cute with the cashier.


Needless to say I came hom freezing & needed a HOT shower! I think we'll attempt this one more time before the season ends & maybe one day he can be my skiing buddy on the big slopes!

5 comments:

Goss Family said...

I've lived in Idaho my whole life and don't go snowboarding as much anymore because I can't stand the cold. Looks like you guys had fun though! Your kids are growing up so fast!

Jenna Johnson said...

I too hate the cold! I'm glad Jay had fun!!!

Brandi said...

That looks like fun!!! What a cute little guy he is. I have a lot of great memories on a set of skis... now if I too didnt hate being cold!

Linda said...

To answer your question, we put two embryos in. So in order to get triplets, one would have to divide and be an identical twin. It is highly unlikely, but I guess it could happen. We are hoping for twins!! ;-)

Brittney said...

Boy those pics bring back lots of memories. I LOVED Kelly Canyon!

I'm right there with you on the cold. I don't know how I ever survived Idaho winters when I can barely even make it through an Atlanta winter. Thank heavens for 60 degree temps this weekend-you jealous? :)

So fun for Jaden. I wish my kids could have that experience too. Maybe someday.