Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to the SWEETEST boy!

Today is Landon's 2nd Birthday. How time flies.


We plan to celebrate on Saturday but today he woke up a little grouchy and I wanted him to have a special day.....so I gave in & gave him one of his presents.


Unfortunately for Landon, be the 2nd boy in a row means a lot of his toys are hand-me-downs. In fact, one of his presents is just that. I was trying to think of what to get him since we really do have all his needs met with hand-me-downs and it occurred to me that we needed to get him a life jacket. Only problem, Jaden needed a new one (bigger one) and Jaden's fit Landon perfectly. So, case in point...Jaden somehow gets a present on Landon's b-day:):):)


So as I've racked my brain for the perfect present for Landon I remembered Landon's love of music. Landon sings throughout the day and it reminded me of a CD I got for Jaden when he was little. It's a personalized Name CD and all the songs incorporate the childs name. So that's the present I had to give to Landon today plus we purchased him his own CD player so he can have the bedtime song (with his name in it) when he goes to bed.


Here's Landon playing his songs!!!! I love this little boy and I love that he loves music!

5 comments:

Jill said...

How weird, I was JUST BARELY thinking Jayci needs a small cd player in her room because she has a hard time soothing herself to sleep (dang those binkies!!!) Where did you find the cd? (seriously, leave me a comment on my blog, I want to know). That sounds so cute because kids love to hear their own name! Time sure flies by, I had no idea he was that old already!

Brittney said...

See if it has a jack to put in a microphone. Carter LOVES to sing on our karaoke machine. Landon would probably love it as well although it can get annoying after awhile.

Happy Birthday little Landon! :)

Charayne said...

We've done that for each of our kids too, and they just love it. I think they love to hear their own names, and it's fun for them to sing along. What a great gift idea. Oh and I get the whole hand me down thing. YIKES! Hope you guys have fun celebrating.

Holly said...

Really cute idea!! I love it! Wow, you are quite the creative mom!

Em and Russ said...

WOOT WOOT!!! Happy Birthday Landon!!!! What a cute kid.