Saturday, September 8, 2012

Back to School

What a difference a year makes....even for me!!!!
 
Usually I'm a little nervous for my kids to go back to school, to the unknowns that are before them.  This year we all seemed like old pro's and we just hopped back in the routine.
 
Before we began, we had a back to school dinner.  We wanted to set the tone of the year with some ABC's (which I stole from someone else).  They are
Always try your Hardest
Be kind to everyone
Count your blessings
 
Both boys also got a flashlight to remind them to "let their lights shine". 
 

Jaden started school this last Tuesday.  We rode our bikes with him and once we got to school the girls started screaming and trying to get out of the bike trailer.  I felt bad but we didn't stay with Jaden while he waited in line.  I was so glad that he was confident enough to wait by himself.  We got a quick picture and left for home.  Jaden is also very social and our bike rides and walks take way too long because he stops and talks to everyone.  Yesterday his bike riding days ended when I caught him not using cross walks. 

Landon started his 2nd year of preschool on Thursday.  I'm amazed at the difference a year makes.  He hopped right on his bus and was excited to tell me about all the new kids in his class when he got home.  He even remembered that last year I'd pick him up from school on Thursdays and asked me why I hadn't picked him up.  I'm really praying that this year gets him completely prepared to be a kindergartner next year. 

No comments: