Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Oh the FUN!!!

On Saturday the boys participated in a fun RUN!!!!

Landon ran the 1/2 mile.  We decided to let him run it by himself and he did awesome for the first 1/4 mile.  He ran fast and with purpose and then he lost steam...that's when I joined in and encouraged him the rest of the way.

Jaden ran the mile...he claimed it was 3 miles!!!  He took off with a lot of power but quickly got distracted.  We saw him find different friends along the way...at one point I saw him running, come to an abrupt stop and run 100 yards backwards to run with a girl.  Then he lost interest in her and found a rope to play with.  He was a very distracted boy and exclaimed "I'm not coming in last so I don't care.".  I don't think professional running is in his future.

Later that afternoon we went to an awesome neighborhood party.  My lack of pictures doesn't do justice to the work that was put into it and the fun everyone had.


In the background you can see 1 of the 2 big water slides!!!!  The boys loved it!

The tents full of yummy food...there was also a bouncy house and lots of games!  If the girls hadn't kept me so busy I would have taken a lot more pictures!

No comments: