Friday, August 24, 2012

GTF

I really should be having Chris write this post because this was his moment but in an effort to document it....I'll do my best!!!!

This past weekend Chris ran the Grand Teton Relay with a total of 14 people, 1 being my sister, 1 being my brother, 1 being my brother-in-law, and 1 being one of my really good friends (of whom I stole most of these pictures). 

If you aren't familiar with how these relay teams work it's a total of 14 people running 180 miles over the tetons over the course of about 24 hours. 

Chris was in van 1 and they began their journey in Ashton. Chris has never even ran a half marathon so this was a new adventure for him...one I hope at sometime in the future I have a desire to join him on (currently I don't even want to take up running). 

Here's some pictures of his journey over the tetons.  He ran about 16 miles total!

Their car- there were two cars total!!!!

Chris finishing his last leg...he said he was beat!

All finished!

passing the bracelet


the finish line

Van 1- they were team rat race, that explains their costumes:)
 


and a week later (today) Chris went into the doctor to check his swollen foot and low and behold he has a stress fracture and gets to sport a boot for the next little while!

I know he enjoyed the experience (minus the brake) and I would imagine he'll do it next year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about his foot! That's no fun. I wish I had taken more pictures.

Brittney said...

That's such a cool experience. Stinks about his foot though. Remember how Matt and Chris ran that 5k two summers ago and Matt fell in a hole and got a hairline fracture. Those boys have bad luck!