Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

My boys love the 4th of July!  I think all of the fireworks may be why.

On the 4th of July eve we went to the cul de sac of fire (little carnival in a cul de sac in our neighborhood).  Unfortunately for me, I took a ton of pictures and didn't realize that I didn't have a card in my camera.  Chris brought the girls home early so I got to follow them and watch all the fun they had. They filled themselves up on cotton candy, hot dogs, popcorn, popcyles, watermelon and played on bouncy houses and tried to play with the big boys lighting fireworks.  It really was a fun evening and I wish I had all the pictures.

My sister and her family arrived the night before the 4th from Atlanta and we got to see them bright and early at the Rexburg Parade.  Even though my kids only see their Atlanta Cousins once a year they don't miss a beat in becoming old friends again.  Landon adored Kaleb who is about 9 years older then him...he wouldn't leave the poor guy alone:). 

They girls enjoyed lots of attention from the girl cousins at the parade and the boys enjoyed running for candy!

It was a very hot day and towards the end of the parade the girls were tuckered out. 

Then we were off to grandma and grandpas for a bbq and swimming.

We came home for a couple of hours and then me and the boys headed out to Menan to meet all the cousins!  While they waited for the fireworks they played and wrestled together. 


I'm grateful for the country we live in and love traditions that remind us and help us celebrate!!!!  We are so excited that we got to have extra family join us in the festivities!

No comments: