Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Good Times in the Water

Our family loves anything that involves playing in the water and our summer has been full of it so far. 

About 2 months ago we took Landon for testing to see if there was any underlying problems that were maybe causing his delays.  We really like the doctor we visited with and after several visits and evaluations he believed (not concluded definately) that Landon has allowed social anxieties to interfere with progress.  He doesn't believe there is an underlying problem BUT he'd like to evaluate him in another year to make sure he progresses the way he should.  His recommendations are to continue Landon's therapies and to push him.  BTW, on a very frustrating note our insurance gave us incorrect information last November and we have exceeded what they'll pay for the year.  All of his expensive therapies are out of pocket until the new year; I may have cried a little that day. 

In an effort to PUSH Landon we thought swimming lessons would be a great start.  He loves the water and loves to go swimming but only loves to stay on the side where he can touch.  Over the past year I'd put the girls in daycare so I could take him swimming and encourage him to venture deaper but he never would.  I was worried that this wouldn't pan out and I told his instructor from the get go how worried he gets.

In shock Landon did amazing!!!!  He loved every minute of it and it was so fun to watch.  Jaden did great too but I knew he would. 
I hope we can find something that gives Landon confidence and I think I may put him in another session or two. 

We also have went to the Spray Park with friends.  That is always a success!
Landon has been dying to go on a water slide since 7 peaks and he ran and ran and ran.  Jaden eventually settled for Sun Tanning!
 This weekend we went to Blackfoot Lake with Chris's work.  I was able to see how much confidence Landon has gained in the water...but a lake is where I'd rather not see it. 
We are looking forward to many more water adventures this summer.

No comments: