Thursday, October 28, 2010

2+2=4

/First off, I've been keeping a secret:)

Today I can't contain this secret anymore. We decided about 5 months ago we were ready to try for another little one.....so the trying began. 3 months later we found out we were expecting.


To back up prior to this I've told Chris forever I wanted twins. It's become a joke in our home because we didn't see twins in our future as a possibility since I've never had to go on fertility drugs & to our knowledge they don't run in our family.


So today I had a nice visit with the Dr. Afterwards I headed to the lab & then to ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. I've actually been nervous this pregnancy that things were different. I usually am deathly ill & this pregnancy I've been sick but more that of a regular pregnancy. I've been REALLY tired though & anti-social.


Within 1 second of the ultrasound the tech asked me if I was on fertility drugs. I immediately exclaimed "no, am I pregnant with twins." With a smile on her face she quickly confirmed & showed both little babies.


A thousand emotions came over me....I was babbling. Excitement, scared for two babies, all the sudden I'm high risk, were just a few of them. I made her double check everything to make sure they were both healthy...I become terrified that there would be something wrong.


The Dr. re-entered the picture at this news. I kept asking him how???? He said although the odds are low (2%) that I could get pregnant with twins without fertility drugs or having them run in the family.


The WHOLE office then crowded the halls. It really was BIG news! They all crowded around as I called Chris which by the way I was already planning on teasing him I was having twins so I knew he wouldn't believe me. I had to have the Dr. tell him. SHOCK!!!


Everyone still thinks I'm playing a big joke because that's what I do. But it's true....and it still doesn't feel real.


So today I found out I'll be going from a mom of two kids to four. I don't think reality has set in yet.

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations!! I wondered if you were pregnant, but didn't want to ask...you just seemed like maybe you weren't feeling 100%. Are you feeling okay? I think twins would be hard, but perfect. You'll be great!
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Maegan said...

Lady! Twins totally suits you! Congrats!!

Jill said...

It's getting just plain crazy with how many people I know who are having twins! Congratulations!!! You'll be a great twin mama!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy!

Josie said...

Congrats Kimri! I looked at you on Sunday and thought she is pregnant. My sister in law who just had twins didn't get pregnant with fertility drugs either! I think you will handle it just fine!

LundHOMEpage said...

How exciting!!! I think that is great, I have always wanted to have twins..girls that is. So maybe you will get some little girls. Either way congrats and hope all goes well. PS you look great!!! in those family photos, love the long hair too.

Jake and Aleesa said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'm SO excited for you!! But the bad news is that the tiredness doesn't go away.....AT ALL. I kept thinking maybe with the next trimester things will get easier :) All that happened is that I got bigger, and even bigger!! How fun our family reunions will be!! You need to get the book When you are expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads. by Dr. Barbara Luke and Tamera Eberlein. It really helped me understand more what was going on and what I needed to do to help keep the little one's healthy. They are doing good btw, last ultrasound (3 weeks ago) they were around 4 lbs each!! I'm shooting for 5-6 lbs so we should make it. And they will be delivered at the latest the week of Thanksgiving! Kimri, really this is so exciting!!

Christina White said...

Amazing Congrats!! I actually always wanted twins! How wonderful! Good Luck! :)

tammy bruun said...

Congratulations! Kenny wanted you to know it is from the UTAH water. YOu will be a great twin mom. You and ALeesa can share stories.

Toni said...

O my gosh! You really had to peel mine and Shelli's jaws off of the floor when we read your post. We are so excited for you and let us know if we can help with anything!

Charayne said...

Wow congratulations!!!! How exciting!!! That's a lot to take in. :) Three is crazy, so you might as well have four. Maybe Tony and I should quit joking about that. ha ha ha. Good luck and Congrats again!

Jenna Johnson said...

I come read this just to see peoples comments! haha!