Monday, December 20, 2010

The babies are.......

Today I had a doctors appointment & kept having a small sliver of hope that they would have to do an ultrasound to find heartbeats & that just maybe I could tell what sex they were.

Of course, the Dr. found the heartbeats within a second and there was no need for an ultrasound. As I was leaving he asked in passing "are you going to do a sneak peak for Christmas?" I didn't know he did those...of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So tonight we gathered family & had cake. It's a two layer cake & the possibilies were a white layer for "they couldn't tell". Two Blue layers for boys or two pink for girls, or one of each.

And one more interesting thing. I know I told many of you that they weren't identical. This was an assumption on my part because there are two sacs. I was told by my cousins wife a couple of weeks ago that wasn't true (she just had twins) & then the Dr. told me this today & told me not to rule out identical babies because we don't know if I dropped two eggs (if I had taken fertility drugs this would have been the likely case) or if my egg split. So these babies just might be identical.......unless below shows you a blue layer & pink layer:):):)

6 comments:

Jake and Aleesa said...

Oh yay!! Our 4 are going to terrorize every family party :) I'm so, so excited for you guys!

Rachel said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you!

Josie said...

So Happy for you! What a nice Dr.!!!! ;)

Toni said...

Congratulations, you are going to love shopping for girls! It's so fun to be able to have boys and girls. I'm so happy for you!

Breezy said...

I am sure Jenna told you congrats for me, but I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for you guys. I will be on the lookout for great deals on girl clothes for you! So exciting!

Nield Moments said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! Girls are so much fun (way more drama :) but fun non-the-less)

Merry Christmas!