Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Week!

What a week of so many blessings!!!!!

I'm a big believer in a thanksgiving feast made from scratch...even if it isn't very good. My mom gave me the assignment of a pie of which I told her I was making two pies & two sides because she didn't need to cook the entire meal. Last year I made a pie & failed miserably at it so I tried again, researched recipes & they were super yummy!


All the food was delicious and for some reason being pregnant I have a hard time eating what I cook so its fabulous when there are so many dishes that others made to choose from. I'm a little fearful that I may have put on some weight.


I think Jaden is enjoying his thanksgiving feast!
Landon likes eating off my plate...for some reason it just tastes so much better:) Ignore my pale pasty face; I need some sun!

We were expecting many more but bad roads prevented those from out of state from making it....we missed you!After dinner we hung out, visited, ate more food, the kids played in the snow....Chris said he loves just hanging out not having to go anywhere.



To keep up with tradition at midnight we hit the black friday sales. There wasn't anything major on my list I had to get & thought about bailing but I love traditions. Unfortunately, my body didn't do so well & resulted in several near fainting spells where I had to sit on the floor in the middle of walmart throwing up in a a bag. To most I'm sure I looked like I was having an anxiety attack. One kind lady gave me tissues since throwing up causes my eyes to tear up really bad. I was a mess but finished the trip successfully!



Tonight we went to dinner at outback. Not only was it delicious but I found the babysitter of all babysitters. THIS IS BIG! Since Landon has been so shy we haven't done a ton of babysitters but as he's improved we've been getting them more often. After trying to get her to babysit on three different occasions & her being unavailable I gave it one last chance or realized I was going to have to find a different one...I really want to have a consistent babysitter. She was AMAZING!

Here's a picture of the two crafts they made & the pretzel treat they made. In addition she wrote a thank you note and the recipe down.

And there's more....I am usually disappointed when I get home & my home isn't as clean as I left it. For this reason I left the toy room a mess.....well it's now clean. My friends, I won't share her name because I always want her available to me. I can truly say that finding an awesome babysitter is a huge blessing I should definitely acknowledge, especially this week. AND thanks mom & dad for taking us to dinner; you spoiling us is a blessing too!!!

3 comments:

Toni said...

Hold on to your babysitter. We use our in laws because we have had such bad luck with babysitters. You Thanksgiving looks like is was great. Grandma told me Chance missed out because he was napping in the basement.

Brittney said...

Crazy. I remember the exact same thing happening to me when we went for a black friday there when I was pregnant with Alex. It was even at WalMart although I made it to the parking lot before I had to sit down and throw up. Walmart still has that affect on me. :) Sorry you were so sick.

Awesome about the babysitter! They don't grow them out here like they do here apparently. I am happy with ours as far as the babysitting part but usually not the house part. I figure I'd rather they take care of my kids than clean the house but when the kids have been asleep for 3 hours, I'd figure they'd take a few minutes to pick up. Oh well!

Holly said...

You poor thing! I feel so bad for you! I went out shopping but made sure I ate something after every store so I didn't pass out or throw up because I am finally at the stage when I am not as sick but if I get hungry it is too late so I keep granola bars or fruit on hand! So sorry your symptoms are probably way out of control with twins! I hope you can now relax and have an enjoyable Holiday Season! So glad you found a great babysitter!! Isn't it wonderful to have someone so great, makes you want to go out more. I always tell the mom which encourages the same behavior again and again!