Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The gift of giving!

First of all, this is an excellent month to recognize our many blessings! Although I'm sure I won't take the time to do a daily gratitude post (I probably should) I did want to mention a project my sister has been working so hard on & how it's a good time to dig deep to help another in need.

In her blog she talks about it here. It's a little 1 yr old girl in Georgia that has cancer. There are several online auctions here. Although many of the items are specific to the area there are some great things that aren't so be sure to look or just donate. I wish I knew what I was having because there are some cute baby items. They have two more auctions after this one so be sure to keep checking back.

As I'm reflecting on giving to others I remember something a co-worker said to me that hit me hard one day. We had a giving tree at work and as she looked at the tree tears came to eyes at some of the items on the tree....a coat for a young child. She said that she had lots of credit card debt & spends money when she shouldn't but this is a time that it doesn't matter what it cost, she needed to give. Not that I'm suggesting we go into debt to give but I'm sure all of us can afford to give just a little...some maybe more.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've been thinking about that a LOT lately....about how we buy things that we don't really need just for fun and there are people out there who don't have simple essentials that I take for granted. My husband and I have been talking about helping a specific family for Christmas rather then buying a bunch of extra stuff that we don't need. I'm pretty excited about it and I think it will be a great experience for our kids!

I just read the post about your twins and my heart skipped a few beats! I'm so excited for you!!