Monday, November 9, 2009

Ice Pop


Jaden...how do I even describe this boy.


A boy whose mind runs non-stop, who has an unlimited amount of energy, stubborn, determined, just to name a few.


Jaden gets to pick out a movie on Friday nights. He's picked "Sid, the science kid" the last couple of times. Today we had to make 'Ice Pops' and I couldn't figure out where Jaden was getting this from (it was from Sid, the science kid". I watched as he made them. A cup, banana, put the stick in the banana so it will hold in place, pour juice over the top, and freeze. He knew exactly what he was doing.


Sometimes Jaden's non-stop thinking along with his stubbornness & unwillingness to listen worries and overwhelms me.


Even as a young baby his Doctor could see this & told us if we could steer his energy in the right direction he can be anything that he wants to be. She also told us not to stifle it.

A couple weeks ago at Church Chris got up and bore his testimony. Jaden ran after him. I didn't know what to do & wondered if it would be more disruptive for me to go and grab him or let him be. Afterward a lady grabbed me and told me that she just loves his personality and kept talking about him....I kind of was embarrassed & nodded and smiled. This Sunday we sat in front of them and they witnessed his need for stimulation the entire meeting. Puzzles are key for both my boys. At the end of sacrament meeting she told me that she loves watching both boys. That they remind her so much of her boys (she has 3 of them) when they were that age and that no one could understand that kind of energy & need for stimulation. She told me that teachers would probably tell me they can't focus & that they had problems but she said to ignore them. That her boys are extremely smart and that her oldest is a physicist and will be going to medical school. She said that she can tell that my boys are extremely bright & that if I ever needed someone to talk to, to give her a call. She'd also like to spend some time with Jaden...that she doesn't have grandkids yet and that she just loves him.

I wasn't sure if Landon would be like Jaden...part of me worried about having the energy to have TWO Jaden's. I'm starting to see Landon need stimulation; he's starting puzzles, trying to figure how things work. I know they are both VERY smart but then I worry I think that because I am there mom...we are supposed to think our kids are smart.

I'm crossing my fingers she's right. That they are BRIGHT and that is where all this energy comes from. Our home is always entertaining and full of energy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lucky the boys are to have parents that see these traits in them!! Sounds like you have a "ward family" much like we did. That is a blessing. You are in the right place. (I MISS YOU THOUGH!) Remember they were Heavenly Fathers's first and He knows them so well -they probably make him smile some days. He will tell you what to do - and I know how well both you and Chris listen. Try not to worry - you are fabulous parents. I can hardly wait to see you 12 DAYS. ! I love you all. Grandma

Brittney said...

Well being that I only see your children once a year, I am certainly not an expert on the subject but I have always thought that Jaden was extremely bright. Now Landon couldn't even talk last time I saw him but I am sure he's smart too-how could he not be with you and Chris as parents, right? :)