Thursday, February 16, 2012

A LOVEly day!

Our Valentines Day was simple but very nice and fun!  I have to say that I'm not a fan of the holiday falling mid-week because it puts a little damper on spending it with your sweetheart....at least when you have lots of little kids:)
Our Valentines Day was enhanced with these little cuties this year...if you look close, you can see their heart-shaped hair bows.

This year I did our Valentines Gifts a little different.  Chris and I usually do gifts for each other and gets the kids a little something special.  BUT for months I've been having very strong feelings that I needed to get our 72 hour kits put together.  I wanted to do it for Christmas but time really didn't permit so I set the goal that this would be our valentines day presents.  In my opinion there was not a better way to show that you love someone then to keep them safe and protected so thus months of work began. 

I put together very extensive backpacks for our everyone in our family with no expenses spared.  I hope that these feelings don't mean that we'll need to actually use them but I wanted to make sure that we'd have everything we'd need....including a small stove, 3 tube tents, emergency blankets and warm fuzzy blankets in each backpack, radiation pills, emergency radio and a source of power....just to name a few. 

For FHE on Monday we were going to go over emergency procedures with the kids but it got put to the backburner when all of us made the most beautiful long-stemmed, huge, chocolate covered strawberries for a bunch of the doctors Chris visits.  We (as in mostly me, the kids lasted about 10 minutes and I was at it for about 3 hours) made 8 varieties and packaged them beautifuly!  I always am excited to start these projects and half way through am angry we didn't just go and buy the finished product.  May Chris's commissions increase with this gesture:)

On Valentines Day we did a simple dinner that I'll probably do from here on forward because it was easy and fun.  We did heart-shaped pizza, green salad in a heart-shaped bowl, heart shaped ice cream sandwiches, and pink lemonade. 

Before we put the kids to bed  we talked about what we loved about each other. 

After the kids went to bed it was Chris and my time...I love after the kids go to bed:)

1 comment:

Momma of 4 said...

Look at those dresses! Did you make them? I think that those are adorable love the material! Looks like you have been super busy in your house, I know the feeling, just think in less than 4 months your girls will be one as well! get ready because I wish I had an extra set of eyes just to keep up with them!